Old 2010-04-20 , 21:08
Still gets up to change channels

Default Audio/video sync problem

Hi

I have a DSD1131 decoder connected to a standard samsung TV via a RCA video cable. then I have RCA cables for audio going to my sound system. I have a problem with the audio and video not synchronized. on some channels. i was told by the installer if this happens to just disconnect the power form the decoder and reconnect it and that should sort the problem. it does most of the time but the problem persists. Surely i cannot continue to disconnect the power to sort the problem. help!!!!!
Old 2010-04-21 , 11:39
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornay View Post
Hi

I have a DSD1131 decoder connected to a standard samsung TV via a RCA video cable. then I have RCA cables for audio going to my sound system. I have a problem with the audio and video not synchronized. on some channels. i was told by the installer if this happens to just disconnect the power form the decoder and reconnect it and that should sort the problem. it does most of the time but the problem persists. Surely i cannot continue to disconnect the power to sort the problem. help!!!!!
There are many threads dealing with lip synch issues. Mostly it is more noticeable on the HD PVRs , but increasingly it now appears to also be noticeable on the 11xx and older decoders.

There is a post under picture quality today, where MC admit to the problem, and acknowldege that is not an issue with the decoder or s/w (PVRs) but is related to the the incoming signal. they also state that it is under investigation. If that is so then it has been under investigation for many many months already as it was reported very soon after the PACE HD PVR was released.

So resetting the power only reduces the slippage between the two but does not eliminate the issue. All this points to an issue with the info required to keep decoders in synch with the signals transmitted.

For those of you who have an XV setup involving a HD PVR and any other decoder, try this:

Tune both decoders to the same (SD) channel. Turn up the volume on two TVs so that you can hear both from a point, listen to the sound and you will notice a significant time delay between the two decoders!
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2010-04-21 at 13:07. .
Old 2010-04-21 , 11:54
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornay View Post
Hi

have you tried using coaxial cables?

silent witness
Old 2010-04-21 , 12:30
MultiChoice

We are aware of the lip sync issue on both DSD1110/1131 decoders , the decoder recovers by changing channels or DSD reboot. The defect was escalated to decoder manufacurer for further investigation.

Please bear with us while we are awaiting for the investigation outcome.

Regards
MC Sips
Old 2010-04-21 , 14:20
Knows how to use a remote

Ah goodie, at last a reply to my post from 5 months ago:
http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=4724
Old 2010-04-23 , 18:49

MC any news????????
Old 2010-04-28 , 11:10
MultiChoice

Hi

Please bear with us, the investigation is currently happening. The outcome and the resolution will be communicated to all affected customers as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,
Old 2010-04-28 , 18:18

Hi
Thank you you for your response. but the investigation could go on for years so i would like to know what time frame we are looking at.
Old 2010-04-29 , 08:50
MultiChoice

Default Audio/Video sync

Hi

It will be difficult to give the time frame on the investigation process, but I am very confident that the decoder manufacturer is doing everything possible to resolve the issue timeously. I hope we will have feedback before the end of May.

Regards,