Forum > Content > Sport > Pre-season football on SS
Old 2017-05-30 , 15:35
Changes remote batteries daily

Default Pre-season football on SS

Yes the season just ended so maybe it is still early days but i would like to know if there's any significant pre-season football already secured by Super Sport.

Example? MAN UTD Tour 2017
Old 2017-05-31 , 12:11
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Yes the season just ended so maybe it is still early days but i would like to know if there's any significant pre-season football already secured by Super Sport.

Example? MAN UTD Tour 2017
If I remember correctly we had very limited coverage of the pre-season games at the beginning of last year. Then, we've lost a lot of football competitions during this past season. Serie A, German League, European International games etc etc so I'm not going to be holding my breath about our seeing too many friendlies.

Besides, money needs to be saved and channels need to be available so that we can watch computer games being shown on our screens.

But, nevertheless, HOPEFULLY we'll be able to watch a couple of pre season friendlies.
Old 2017-05-31 , 12:35

Yip, I'm sure they'll find something to show on the usual 6 or 7 soccer channels on a Saturday...
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-06-01 , 05:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
Yip, I'm sure they'll find something to show on the usual 6 or 7 soccer channels on a Saturday...
6 or 7 only? No man I'm lobbying for Soccer Saturdays with the return of all top European leagues from next season onwards...
Old 2017-06-01 , 09:24

Quote:
6 or 7 only? No man I'm lobbying for Soccer Saturdays with the return of all top European leagues from next season onwards...
Was talking about the current situation If it was up to you and BB , the SS in SuperSport would mean just that... SoccerSaturdays
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-06-01 , 09:41

Quote:
Was talking about the current situation If it was up to you and BB , the SS in SuperSport would mean just that... SoccerSaturdays
And the MNET channels too...

I knew I got you there
Old 2017-06-01 , 11:51
4K, baby!

Quote:
Now there's an idea. No more stupid computer games on our sports channels.

Seriously though, yes I do like football and am disappointed at some of the football leagues and tournaments that we have lost. However, to show constant repeats of games that have already been shown is also not something that I agree with. Have A repeat and then perhaps a short highlights package of a game and that should be that.

With it's huge following both in South Africa and around the world football is THE main attraction for most of us when it comes to DStv. Then, especially with the EPL, DStv need to cater for a wide variety of supporters of different teams hence the number of live football broadcasts on a Saturday. Remove them and only show one live game a weekend with the other games being recorded and shown later, and there will be a mass exodus of subscribers who will rather go the streaming route. Like others who want "express from the USA" content most football followers don't like watching a game once they know the score.

Oops. Sorry for have rambled on like that. But, I can understand how any non football following person can perhaps become a bit upset by the number of football games that are shown. Not me though.
Old 2017-07-12 , 09:39
Still listens to the wireless

Default Manunited US tour

Supersport? Can you obtain the rights?
Please do not let us down...games vs CIty,Barca etc

loyal customer
Old 2017-07-12 , 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcobra52 View Post
Supersport? Can you obtain the rights?
Please do not let us down...games vs CIty,Barca etc

loyal customer
Exclusively sold to competition for a number of years to come unfortunately ... We will have access to useless teams like and Arsenal
Old 2017-07-12 , 12:25
4K, baby!

Quote:
Exclusively sold to competition for a number of years to come unfortunately ... We will have access to useless teams like and Arsenal
Yes, useless teams like CHELSEA and Arsenal? I'm assuming you must have been wanting to say Chelsea as, I'm sure, you would never have been wanting to say LIVERPOOL!!!!

The man united games are being played in the USA not so? The problem with these games are the times they are being played. Middle of the night here in South Africa so not really worth spending a fortune on obtaining the rights. Although it would be good if Supersport could perhaps show these games a couple of hours later? Couldn't that be something that they can discuss with whoever holds the Southern African rights to these games?

But for what live games have been secured thus far I say thank you. Just hoping more can be obtained. Please.