Forum > Decoders > Remotes > Remote blasters stopped working
Old 2017-05-20 , 11:57
Still listens to the wireless

Default Remote blasters stopped working

Hi Guys
I would like to know if anything has changed on the SD PVR-I recently as my Ellies remote blasters (USB) have stopped working on the PVR-I only. I have an extrav-view (Explorer + PVR-I) and the Explorer still changes channels fine. I have tested the remotes in the lounge at the decoder and the channels change but not in the bedroom.
Old 2017-07-25 , 14:03
Still gets up to change channels

Also wondering. Have a Beyond Platinum B4 spare remote, that's no longer working. Any clarity on this?
Old 2017-07-27 , 09:59
Technical Myriad

Step one. Try the remotes at the decoder first to determine if the remotes are working. The problem is probably the remote itself and not the blaster.

Remotes can be sorted out in two ways--- check the battery condition and replacer if needed.

Secondly, open up the remote and clean the keypad and the contacts on the circuit board itself with surgical alcohol and a few earbuds.

Watch out that you do not lose any of the small parts in the process!
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-07-27 , 10:02
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Step one. Try the remotes at the decoder first to determine if the remotes are working. The problem is probably the remote itself and not the blaster.

Remotes can be sorted out in two ways--- check the battery condition and replacer if needed.

Secondly, open up the remote and clean the keypad and the contacts on the circuit board itself with surgical alcohol and a few earbuds.

Watch out that you do not lose any of the small parts in the process!
Thanks Geoff - managed to bypass the whole 'issue' by finding the spare DSTV remote that one of the young-one's had placed in a spot that only a young-one would think was normal! We had accepted its fate as being lost - and through an absolute stroke of good fortune, found it about 25 minutes after popping up my post! Happily, all working now as it should!