Forum > Decoders > Installation > Extra VIew - 2P and New Standard HD Single View
Old 2015-08-31 , 07:55
Still listens to the wireless

Default Extra VIew - 2P and New Standard HD Single View

Hi,

I am having some trouble setting up my extra view. If anyone could assist it would be much appreciated.

My Setup:

1. Lounge - 2P PVR Decoder
2. Bedroom Cupboard (hidden from tv view) - New HD Single View
3. Bedroom Tv - TV Link

So i connected the hearbeat from the Lounge (main) RF out to RF Out on the Single View

I then connected a T Piece on the Single view RF out so that the one feeds the eye and the other connects the hearbeat.

My problem is that if the hearbeat is connected the TV link light goes off, as soon as I remove the rf out cable from the main decoder it works (but obviously no tv link)

You assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 2015-08-31 , 08:25
Technical Myriad

Which decoder do you want to be the Primary?
Why place the decoder in a cupboard?
Make sure all the connectors are correct on the cables and that there is not a short present between the inner and outer conducter on the connector you remove when disconnecting the decoder.

Decide which decoder you want to use to supply power to the tvLINK and then put a dc block into the other line.
The problem you are experiencing is a voltage imbalance between the decoders.
Next after putting all cables in place switch off the tvLINK power feed, then switch off both decoders and then reboot both. After the decoders comeback on line, enable tvLINK on the decoder that is supposed provide power to the tvLINK.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2015-08-31 at 08:49. .
Old 2015-08-31 , 09:34

Hi

Thanks for the reply,

So the reason why the decoder in the bedroom is not by the TV is due to my tv cabinet and dressing table setup. So I had the HDMI and TV aerial running to it before they fitted it.

That said, what is a DC block :-)

So the main decoder is the 2P in the lounge, I have a RF out to RF out hearbeat and a t piece on the small decoder. I will add a DC block to the 2P decoder (on the RF Out)

Should the TV link be enabled on the 2P ?

Thanks so much!
Old 2015-08-31 , 09:54
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by liyaqat View Post
Hi

Thanks for the reply,

So the reason why the decoder in the bedroom is not by the TV is due to my tv cabinet and dressing table setup. So I had the HDMI and TV aerial running to it before they fitted it.

That said, what is a DC block :-)

So the main decoder is the 2P in the lounge, I have a RF out to RF out hearbeat and a t piece on the small decoder. I will add a DC block to the 2P decoder (on the RF Out)

Should the TV link be enabled on the 2P ?

Thanks so much!
Normally, the decoder closest to where the tvLINK is going to be used should be enabled, but if the cable lengths are not too long, it does not matter much. The important thing is enable tvLINK power on only one of the decoders.
The better way to do this is to combine the 2 RF signals first, then feed the combined signal into a SLX splitter (1 x 2 or 4) and then distribute RF to as many TVs as you want. In your case it could be a bit of an overkill as you only want to feed one TV.

A DC block is a device that prevents DC power from being fed into/out of a device. Place the DC block at the T-piece end of the cable going to the 4U decoder. Enable tvLINK on the Primary decoder. If you cannot get hold of a DC block, then at least disable tvLINK on the 4U decoder..
The better way to use a T-piece is to ensure the 2 cables coming from the decoders (carrying the HB signal) are connected to the Cross of the "T", with the "leg" of the "T" being used to feed the remote TV.

The Primary decoder should be set to respond to commands, and to relay commands to the other decoder. The 4U should be set to respond to its commands, and NOT relay commands to the Primary decoder, as even if it is in a cupboard, you do not want it to also react to commands when a tvLINK is used in close proximity to the decoder.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2015-08-31 at 09:57. .
Old 2015-08-31 , 12:46

Hi

Ok so I will do the following:

1. Disable TV link on 2P decoder (main)
2. I must still get a DC block but you suggested that I disable TV link on the 4U (the new single view hd decoder ?) if I do that I wont be able to use the TV link ?
3. Yes I connected the T as followings:

Eye to my bedroom TV
|
|
RF OUT (4U) ----TP----RF OUT 2P

What settings must I have on:

1. Main Decoder (2P)

2. Secondary Decoder (4U)

Sorry for the dumb questions.Will it work without the DC block?
Old 2015-08-31 , 12:59
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by liyaqat View Post
Hi

Ok so I will do the following:

1. Disable TV link on 2P decoder (main)
2. I must still get a DC block but you suggested that I disable TV link on the 4U (the new single view hd decoder ?) if I do that I wont be able to use the TV link ?
3. Yes I connected the T as followings:

Eye to my bedroom TV
|
|
RF OUT (4U) ----TP----RF OUT 2P

What settings must I have on:

1. Main Decoder (2P)

2. Secondary Decoder (4U)

Sorry for the dumb questions.Will it work without the DC block?
No, If you want to disable tvLINK on the primary, then enable tvLINK on the 4U decoder.

I will post the settings later today.
say around 17:00

The connections are as follows:

RF OUT Primary (2P) -------> T-Piece <-------- RF OUT on 4U

T-piece leg -----> tvLINK -----> RF IN on TV.

The above allows for both decoders to be controlled from the location where the TV is via the tvLINK.
Old 2015-08-31 , 13:32

So my current setup is as you mentioned, I guess it must be the settings then (sending tv link power from the primary decoder could caus the dc issue?)
Tags
extra view, tv link