Old 2017-05-29 , 18:47
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
I am using an iPad 4. If I select TV guide and scroll to (say) channel 400 - BBC News and tap Play Now, a rotating ring starts going, a static picture apprears but nothing more.

Same applies on other channels and CatchUp

The internet service is 10mb fibre line.

Other internet services, Chrome, Gmail, etc are very good

Is there some setting I need to make to watcht a moving picture?
Hi chrisc

What version of the App and operating system are you using? Kindly confirm so I can forward to our techies.
Old 2017-06-01 , 11:51
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

This really has to be THE worst streaming app out there. I'm still having buffering and sound issues despite assurances from the relevant team that these problems will be fixed with the latest app update. Well that update was today and it's even WORSE now. Really guys it's been more than a YEAR and still no improvement. I'm not going to bother complaining anymore as nothing gets done so it's a complete waste of time. My wife and I will rather stream Netflix and Showmax. It's much less frustrating and has far better quality. This is a disgrace MC. How you manage to stuff up an app this badly is beyond me. And I know you're going to ask so let me tell you now that I'm using a Galaxy Note 5 and my wife is using a Samsung Galaxy S6. Both are running Android. Your technical team called me and told me that hopefully all these issues with Android will be sorted out with the next app update. Nothing doing.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Old 2017-06-20 , 11:30
4K, baby!

Unexpectedly (and delightedly) received Android 7.0 (Nougat) for my MTN provided Galaxy S7 Edge, last night. Upgrade went very smoothly

I am currently relaxing on Skiathos (Greek Island), so am unsure if the upgrade is available to MTN users in SA? Can any S7 users please confirm?

Also, and closely related to this thread, we had a huge issue a year or so ago with MC's DRM (digital rights management) service provider being very slow in compliance when Android 6 first appeared; and for a long while afterwards, including 6.1 compliance.

Assuming the Android 7 rollout has started on Samsung mobiles in SA, please would a forum contributor check that DSTV Now app and Showmax both work properly. I can't test due to Geo blocking.
Cheers K.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2017-06-20 at 11:37. .
Old 2017-06-20 , 14:13
Changes remote batteries daily

I have a S7 Edge with nougat for a while now and the app works great on the phone
Old 2017-06-20 , 14:14
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I have a S7 Edge with nougat for a while now and the app works great on the phone
Who is your network operator?

Explora
Old 2017-06-20 , 22:13

I'm getting a message on certain titles saying "Syncing videos" and then it says "Sorry unable to play content". For Your Eyes Only and Lone Survivor being two examples.

Old 2017-06-20 , 22:15

Seems to be all titles under the "Last Chance" subsection doing this.

Old 2017-06-21 , 12:19
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Did you bring the phone to SA?
Or was it locally sourced and upgraded to Nougat locally? If the latter, which SA Network operator?
I see no forum or news discussion about Nougat rollout on Samsung in SA. So wonder if I'm just fortunate to be roaming?
Terminator? Anyone?

Good to hear you are having no issues with the DSTV now app; the Marshmallow upgrade and support was a horror! Have you played with Showmax on Nougat?

Cheers K

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2017-06-21 at 12:23. .
Old 2017-06-21 , 15:18

I have Android Nougat on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and the only issue I have currently is syncing videos on the "Last Chance" Section on the DSTV Now App. But I can't be sure if it's related to the Nougat Upgrade or not. Showmax and Netflix both work fine.

Old 2017-06-21 , 15:41

Seems like all the movies under the "Last Chance" Section have already expired but the App hasn't updated itself yet.