Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Buffer, recordings and live tv Explora
Old 2015-12-26 , 18:59
Still gets up to change channels

Default Buffer, recordings and live tv Explora

Hi everyone

I have searched these forums and cannot find posts related to this problem.

If I am watching a program through the buffer (say 5 minutes behind Live tv) and then record that program, the buffer stops. Thus, after the 5 minutes, I return to live tv. In essence, the buffer fails to work for those 5 minutes, although I think I would be able to watch it through the recording (although highly inconvenient).

This has also happened where I record a different channel whilst watching in the buffer and the buffer on the current channel stops. Here, I lose out on the viewing for the duration of the buffer at the time I record.

Is anyone aware of this and is it normal?
I struggled to articulate so please let me know if any further detail is required.

Thanks
Old 2015-12-26 , 19:12
Changes remote batteries hourly

Have you tried rewinding again after the buffer viewing resets to live?

Sounds like a bug, but not a common one.
Suggest you bump this thread alive again on the 11th of Jan. or later to see if MC can then respond.
Old 2015-12-26 , 19:54

Also, a trick I use when something like this kind of thing is happening is to set a Bookmark with the down arrow button, much easier to then try to rewind back to (with the Status Bar up arrow button, then Replay left arrow button).

BTW, why did you add "recording cut short" to the tags list? That's surely a different problem, do you know how to set your start & end safety nets to 10 minutes extra each on your recordings?
Old 2015-12-27 , 21:30
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Also, a trick I use when something like this kind of thing is happening is to set a Bookmark with the down arrow button, much easier to then try to rewind back to (with the Status Bar up arrow button, then Replay left arrow button).

BTW, why did you add "recording cut short" to the tags list? That's surely a different problem, do you know how to set your start & end safety nets to 10 minutes extra each on your recordings?
Hi Optimist

The tagging was an error that I tried to edit afterwards but couldn't. Sorry about that. Yes, I do have the Explora set to record a few minutes before and after a program.

As far as the rewinding once the buffer stops, I have tried but it jumps over to live tv again.

I have not tried the bookmarking (had no idea I could do this) so will definitely give it a shot.

What do you mean by "bumping this thread alive?"
I am sure I'll figure it out.

Thanks for always being around to assist! Much appreciated.
Old 2015-12-28 , 09:28

Always glad to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebh1507 View Post
What do you mean by "bumping this thread alive?"
Sorry for the poor wording, you just post something more to bring the thread to the surface, some just use the word *BUMP*
Tags
buffer, explora, recording cut short