Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Explore freezing during playback
Old 2015-10-13 , 18:52
Still listens to the wireless

Default Explore freezing during playback

Hi

I recently got a message saying that my hard drive was corrupt and needed to be formatted which I did and if loosing all my recordings and settings didn't suck enough, whenever I try to playback catchup or anything new I have recorded, live TV freezes and the time remaining is 2562047:47:1. After about 45 seconds, the item begins to play for 5 seconds and then freezes for another 45 seconds.

Stopping playback is supposed to take me to the menu and then to live TV but the frozen recording just stays even though the I-Plate says its on TV. The menus are not at all responsive during this freeze time and respond during the short play times and if I am supposed to be on live tv (even though the picture is still frozen). Live TV plays back fine once it starts after the freeze but the meanies still freeze.

Also, only 2 lines on I-plate, the third is blank and I can't rewind live TV (basically everything to do with the hard drive is very slow and causes freezing).

Help please???
Old 2015-10-13 , 19:13
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonebat View Post
Hi

I recently got a message saying that my hard drive was corrupt and needed to be formatted which I did and if loosing all my recordings and settings didn't suck enough, whenever I try to playback catchup or anything new I have recorded, live TV freezes and the time remaining is 2562047:47:1. After about 45 seconds, the item begins to play for 5 seconds and then freezes for another 45 seconds.

Stopping playback is supposed to take me to the menu and then to live TV but the frozen recording just stays even though the I-Plate says its on TV. The menus are not at all responsive during this freeze time and respond during the short play times and if I am supposed to be on live tv (even though the picture is still frozen). Live TV plays back fine once it starts after the freeze but the meanies still freeze.

Also, only 2 lines on I-plate, the third is blank and I can't rewind live TV (basically everything to do with the hard drive is very slow and causes freezing).

Help please???
Sounds like the Hard Drive is failing?
Is it still under warranty or do you have decoder care?
Old 2015-10-13 , 19:20
Technical Myriad

The HDD IS UTR. Take the decoder to MC for replacement
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2015-10-14 , 09:15
MultiChoice

the decoder needs to be swapped
Tags
explora, freeze, playback issues