Old 2010-03-01 , 14:37
Changes remote batteries daily

Default Three times confused

Checked my Account Balance on DSTV website (R634,70), then I received MultiChoice SMS reminder for my payment (R659,70), and just now received my Statement via e-mail (R453,70).

?

What is going on here? Why is every amount different?
Client nr 37332734
Old 2010-03-01 , 14:58
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothajs View Post
Checked my Account Balance on DSTV website (R634,70), then I received MultiChoice SMS reminder for my payment (R659,70), and just now received my Statement via e-mail (R453,70).

?

What is going on here? Why is every amount different?
Client nr 37332734
Hi,

The DStv website is 100% accurate because it is pulling live data from our database, provided that your account is active, and that your services have not been disconnected.

The sms reminder WAS correct as of 04h00 this morning, but a credit of R 20.00 for the decoder insurance was passed on your account this morning just prior to 07h00 am. We send the sms reminder files to our suppliers at around 04h30 so that they can release the sms's to customers.

If you check the date on your statement, the data reflected on the statement was only correct as at that day, and any subsequent activity on your account would not be reflected on the statement.

I hope that answers your question.

Regards
Natasha
Old 2010-03-01 , 15:06
Changes remote batteries daily

Thank you for your quick response.

In future I would rather consult "My Account" on the website for accurate account info.

Matter resolved.
Old 2010-03-01 , 15:48
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothajs View Post
Thank you for your quick response.

In future I would rather consult "My Account" on the website for accurate account info.

Matter resolved.

Me too - accurate, up-to-date information can be had online, which cannot be achieved via a 'snapshot' of your account which is what a statement or sms or decoder notification tends to be...

Statements, to my mind, are an archaic way of accessing account information, and we would love to push more of our customers to the website.