View Poll Results: Has anyone (staff) experienced this problem?
Yes - MC needs to make provision for staff after-hours 6 85.71%
No - have had no bad dealing with MC 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
Old 2009-03-04 , 09:53
Still gets up to change channels

Angry Pathetic Service For MC Staff

Forgive me if this sounds rude. I am absolutely disgusted with not only the after-sales service at MC, but also the putrid service that MC staff get.

I honestly believe that MC really needs to relook at their policies pertaining to staff that work within the Naspers group. I for one really appreciate the benefits we get as Naspers staff, but I would trade that in any day for some decent service.

My story goes like this:

About a week ago (on a Saturday morning) I purchased a brand new HDPVR and a 1110 at MC Randburg. I was really excited to get these two decoders and expected a smooth transition from Dual View to HD.

After paying R3299 + R399 for the decoders, the consultant (who I must admit was very helpful and informative) did the upgrades for me on both decoders (this is where it all started) and wanted to add the new decoders to my account. Unfortunately front counter staff dont have access to Commercial (staff) accounts. He politely offered to go upstairs and get the decoders added to the account, and after 5 minutes returned and asked me to write a letter stating that I would like to activate Xtraview between the HDPVR & 1110. I signed and off he went again. Both decoders were added and after 1.30 minutes of waiting, off I went. I was told to contact the call centre to activate the Xtraview once the setup was done (this was all done in advance). I connected both decoders and phoned the call centre to activate the signal & Xtraview, but I was told that only the commercial division could do this for me. As ****** off as I was, i accepted the explanation and was told that someone would be able to assist me on Monday.

On Monday I contacted the commercial department at around 5 and was told that the commercial team had left already. Now this meant I had to wait one more day. On Tuesday morning I contacted the commercial department and was told that I would have to phone when I was in front of the secondary decoder so that I could provide them with the Xtraview pin. I was given the name of the team leader (Graham Tarr) and I left work early that day to get everything sorted out. After getting authorisation from Graham, my Xtraview was activated and I got picture. Happy days, or so I thought.

I had to disconnect the secondary decoder to do some clean up of wires, and to accomodate the extra cabling for the second decoder in the bedroom. I didnt manage to get anything done till Saturday. On Saturday after getting the picture sorted I noticed that the 1110 kept rebooting for no reason. I did some checking (changed HB cable) and the problem didnt stop. Phoned the call centre again and was on the phone for almost an hour and nothing changed.

Anyway, was told to bring the decoder in for testing. What I was not told to do is bring in the HDPVR as well. So after work yesterday at about 6, I went to MC to get the decoder tested and swopped. I was told that they needed the HDPVR as well. I drove all the way home and brought in both decoders. The decoders were connected and tested. The 1110 was faulty and needed to be swapped. It was a staff account and again I was told I couldn't be helped. The agent (Tshepo) was really helpful and tried his best to get someone to help. But no one could. He asked me to drop off the decoders in the morning and he would sort out everything and I could pick it up on my way home.

Now I know that when I get home, I will need to contact the call centre to get everything activated again, but no one will be able to help. So I will have to leave early or come in late to work one of the days this week just to sort this out.

After all of this I am left feeling like a criminal. What makes me different from any other working person in SA? And why does MC have a Customer Service desk that is open till 7, but dont have anyone on standby to help Staff members? Thats like walking in to Pick 'n Pay, doing all your shopping and then getting to the tills to pay but there are no cashiers.

MC really needs to re -think their policies when it comes to staff. I am not asking for any special treatment, all I want is some service. Tellimg my manager that I am leaving early to sort out my DSTV is not really going to go down well with him.

The least they can do is have people on Standby until 7pm at night to sort out staff queries, or have a supervisor/manager at the front counter to help with issues like mine. They also need to provide these supervisors/managers with access to Staff accounts so that swap-outs can be handled. The same applies to call centre, a supervisor/manager should be given access to activate services between 5pm & 7pm.
Old 2009-03-04 , 16:14
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Default Staff Accounts

Hi Freddie,

I must admit that I cringed when I read your account of your dealings with MultiChoice. You have received appalling service!

Quote:
I honestly believe that MC really needs to relook at their policies pertaining to staff that work within the Naspers group. I for one really appreciate the benefits we get as Naspers staff, but I would trade that in any day for some decent service.
You're absolutely right! I was under the mistaken impression that all Customer Care Supervisors (Call Centre and Branch) has access to perform certain actions on staff and commercial accounts, particularly since many people can only be serviced after hours. As a result, I have requested that all Supervisors be given this access, and this should hopefully be completed by tomorrow.

All the other issues experienced, i.e. the inability to swap your decoder, etc, stem from this user access problem.

Quote:
The least they can do is have people on Standby until 7pm at night to sort out staff queries, or have a supervisor/manager at the front counter to help with issues like mine. They also need to provide these supervisors/managers with access to Staff accounts so that swap-outs can be handled. The same applies to call centre, a supervisor/manager should be given access to activate services between 5pm & 7pm.
As you can see, we are addressing this matter urgently. I have also escalated your complaints to the various managers of these departments for an explanation in terms of why you received such shoddy service, and why the problem was not escalated sooner.

Please feel free to contact me via my email on this forum for any other queries that may arise.

Regards
Old 2009-03-05 , 21:32
Still gets up to change channels

I really appreciate the response, and even though my query has now been resolved, I believe that this will help out all other staff members as well. I would like to thank Tshepo Nosi from the HD counter for the brilliant service he gave me yesterday. It's easy to complain about bad service, but on most occasions good service goes un-noticed. I would like management to know that they have a real asset in Tshepo. If everyone could take a page from Tshepo's book, MC would improve their customer service leaps and bounds.

I really hope this gets to senior management and that Tshepo get rewarded in some way for his pure dedication to resolving my issue.
Old 2009-03-06 , 08:13
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Default Staff Accounts

Quote:
I really hope this gets to senior management and that Tshepo get rewarded in some way for his pure dedication to resolving my issue.
[/QUOTE]

Freddie, you'll be pleased to know that Tshepo's management and his GM are fully aware of his service to you... he will definitely get kudos for this... What we're aiming for is to see this type of service ethic become the norm at MultiChoice!