Old 2013-12-12 , 16:09
Still gets up to change channels

Default Holiday Viewing

I have been looking through the holiday viewing section of the DSTv website expecting some really new ideas for holiday viewing. But no such thing. All the information there is old. I have Extraview, and my primary decoder is an Explora. So not easy to go away.

I was thinking, can one add another decoder for the duration of your holiday, that can travel? I have an assortment of SD and HD decoders that can travel. How will the subscription work? Pay for a whole month, or just for the time that you are away.

I don't feel like going thru the rigmaroll to undo the Extraview to be able to go away.

I think DSTV should come up with a convenient way to go on holiday with your decoder. It does not have to be free.
Old 2013-12-12 , 17:06
Changes remote batteries hourly

You can have a separate subscription, and on the same account, but AFAIK you can only subscribe for month by month, no shorter duration.

Last edited by Optimist; 2013-12-13 at 07:32. . Reason: Thread was moved to the correct forum section
Old 2013-12-12 , 20:29
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I have been looking through the holiday viewing section of the DSTv website expecting some really new ideas for holiday viewing. But no such thing. All the information there is old. I have Extraview, and my primary decoder is an Explora. So not easy to go away.

I was thinking, can one add another decoder for the duration of your holiday, that can travel? I have an assortment of SD and HD decoders that can travel. How will the subscription work? Pay for a whole month, or just for the time that you are away.

I don't feel like going thru the rigmaroll to undo the Extraview to be able to go away.

I think DSTV should come up with a convenient way to go on holiday with your decoder. It does not have to be free.
You can add a holiday decoder on your account and pay a per day usage

The reality to have Xtraview broken will result in abuse and there are people who will take advantage of it and spoils it for everyone else.
Old 2013-12-13 , 07:35
Technical Myriad

And interrupting your install is getting more and more complicated as time goes by. There are now too many interdependencies between the connections to the antenna, configurations, Explora switches and XV to even dream of distrrbing the setups for short periods. Much better to use another decoder activated for a short period when on holiday, ......

OR

just take a break from TV .................

This "new", old idea posted by Thinus recently ?? of a " PVR on the Go" is probably rooted in how to address the "Holiday Problem".
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2013-12-13 at 08:26. .
Old 2013-12-13 , 07:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
You can add a holiday decoder on your account and pay a per day usage
I think this is the first I've heard of this, can anyone offer details please? Thanks
Old 2013-12-13 , 07:38
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

Hi,

We strongly recommend NOT breaking XtraView for the holidays. It sounds as though you already have additional decoders that you can use to travel with ... the best way is to add these decoders to your account, and pay upfront, then consume as you view. PM the details to me, and I will get someone to assist.
Old 2013-12-13 , 08:23
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
I think this is the first I've heard of this, can anyone offer details please? Thanks
Holiday decoder rules are in the archives, have a search

Basically

You must have a valid and active subscription
Main sub has to remain active
Holiday sub package can be equal or lower the main package

I have not used PVR or Xtraview in holiday mode so not sure of the rules around that.

Billing is done in 24 hours or part there of

Payment is prepaid

G
Old 2014-01-13 , 10:15
Changes remote batteries daily

I'm after the same thing, not for holiday viewing, but for S15 viewing Have a 1110 that became available after an upgrade, so I thought to put it to good use on Fridays. Can someone just explain how the activate/deactivate works as well as the prepaid payment ? Have done some searching, but found nothing to assist with my query. Would only be using the 1110 max 5 days in a month (Friday on and off)

Would the easiest be to get it set up at one of the MC centres (take decoder and smartcard with) or would online also be feasible ? Don't want to go the Call Centre route...

Found some info here , but it doesn't address my "every Friday" activation, in fact it states the following :

"Remember you are only able to disconnect, cancel or downgrade as per your payment date (e.g. the 4th of every month"
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)

Last edited by Luke7777; 2014-01-13 at 11:26. .
Old 2014-01-14 , 09:12
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Default Managing Services Online

Good Day

May I kindly request that you PM me your details, so that I can assist you further with doing what you need to do.

Regards
KG
Old 2014-01-14 , 09:24

Please can we later also have feedback from one of you on this thread, it will be very interesting to learn if this is possible and if so how. Thanks