Old 2014-04-07 , 15:33
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Reading the Facebook stuff, people seem to be cut off run down to there shop like Spar, Checkers, PnP and pay and then except to be reconnected. Those systems take a while for MC to get the payment.

What is really needed is for MC to have a prepaid / token system where a token/pin can be sent via a channel like SMS or App to active the account. This will remove the burden on the call centre, especially at month end.
Old 2014-04-07 , 15:36
MultiChoice

Hey there - there is already an auto reconnect system in place with many of the payment vendors. There is also an SMS service that people can use to reconnect or on Self Service on the website. Unfortunately many people prefer to speak to the call centre.

I know MCA CCS Natasha and her team in operations have implemented many processes and systems to ease the burden, especially when it comes to people being disconnected due to non-payment. And I also know that they still have many more plans.

The unfortunate reality is that many customers choose to wait until they get cut off before they pay their DStv.
Old 2014-04-08 , 17:00
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Reading the Facebook stuff, people seem to be cut off run down to there shop like Spar, Checkers, PnP and pay and then except to be reconnected. Those systems take a while for MC to get the payment.

What is really needed is for MC to have a prepaid / token system where a token/pin can be sent via a channel like SMS or App to active the account. This will remove the burden on the call centre, especially at month end.
I like this idea - pre-pay, i.e. pay your month, view your month - no disconnects, reconnects, downgrades, etc during the month, and use a token system per month ... or payment upfront :-) That's what our terms and conditions reference, and I think it's time to start implementing ... will raise the token system again as an option
Old 2014-04-09 , 14:56
Changes remote batteries daily

Once *all* the SelfService options are working successfully, you can look at tokens
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)