Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Service Queries > Service Queries > Call Centre wait (for Xtraview support) impossible
Old 2014-03-15 , 12:16
Still gets up to change channels

Default Call Centre wait (for Xtraview support) impossible

I have phoned twice this morning, I simply cannot get through to the Xtraview Support. Each time I had to go through the normal channels and wait at least 15 mins to speak to just the normal consultant and then had to ask to be transferred to the Xtraview people. Then there was total silence......no music....nothing! After the first time, when I called back I was assured I should have heard a recording/backgroud music and was told I was definitely being transferred. After 29 mins of total silence I have concluded the joke is on me. I have spent at least 50 minutes waiting on what was probably a dead line to speak to a human being over two calls today.

Please MC, I know you are upgrading your phone systems, I've heard that message enough times now, but why, oh why, can't your customers select an option for Xtraview Support immediately instead of having to go through this long and frustrating waste of time to speak to the correct agent.
Old 2014-03-16 , 07:23
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
I have phoned twice this morning, I simply cannot get through to the Xtraview Support. Each time I had to go through the normal channels and wait at least 15 mins to speak to just the normal consultant and then had to ask to be transferred to the Xtraview people. Then there was total silence......no music....nothing! After the first time, when I called back I was assured I should have heard a recording/backgroud music and was told I was definitely being transferred. After 29 mins of total silence I have concluded the joke is on me. I have spent at least 50 minutes waiting on what was probably a dead line to speak to a human being over two calls today.

Please MC, I know you are upgrading your phone systems, I've heard that message enough times now, but why, oh why, can't your customers select an option for Xtraview Support immediately instead of having to go through this long and frustrating waste of time to speak to the correct agent.

Hi,

Please accept my apologies for this - as you can imagine, the migration to the new Call Centre system is a time-consuming process, and we currently have some of the call centre on the old system, and some on the new as we migrate and upgrade to ensure stability. This may be impacting transfer between systems - I will, however, have the technical funds on this as a matter of urgency to try to minimise these disruptions, so thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Old 2014-03-16 , 17:07
Changes remote batteries hourly

Fortunately the new plans we're partially aware of for the Forum to be a further support option should go a long way to helping.

I just hope it can be sufficiently manned, too many regular Forumites can't give much help with their day jobs, families, etc.

Either way, good to see things are moving forward.
Old 2014-03-16 , 17:30
Still gets up to change channels

Thanks Optimist (I think yr username says it all!) The forum has been SO helpful in the past and can only go from strength to strength. I tried to phone MC because I just thought we had a problem which required some system tweaking on their side!! I did try once again in the evening and had the same problem getting transferred once more and the general Call Centre guy was simply unaware that he was transferring me into nothingness yet again!!!!! Telkom definitely scored yesterday.

Fortunately, yet another reboot finally solved the problem for now. We are heartily sick of driving to Randburg with two decoders!
Old 2014-03-16 , 22:20
Changes remote batteries hourly

Glad you got sorted out Tess.

BTW everyone, I was including myself in the above reference to busy people, being my own boss I've just been able to get away with it longer but it's catching up with me... :-(
Hope a few can make a plan and enjoy it, this place is a great game of thrones
Old 2014-03-25 , 15:46
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Lucky you! At least you get to speak to a consultant. I've been trying for about an hour now, and after the "We are transferring you..." nonsense, the call gets dropped!