Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > HD PVR 2P Decoder reboots very often
Old 2017-06-22 , 15:40
MultiChoice

Update from the team:

Splitting the News and Weather into two separate apps – the team has run tests on the “News Only” version of the App. The test results have shown that the decoder is more stable. The team has now put together a “Weather Only” version of the app which is currently under test. If the results are good we will request the software team to do some cleanup on each application and prepare official releases for each app.

The team was investigating the data rates for smartcard communication – we are still waiting for the manufacturer on this one.
Old 2017-06-22 , 17:20
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Look like the team is slowly getting there. The Weather side of the app never gave me any reboots so I am sure that their tests will be good. Hopefully the manufacturer will come back soon with some info regarding data rates for smartcard communication. The slow response may be because of the acquisition of Pace by Arris? Thanks again for the feedback. Much appreciated.
Old 2017-06-22 , 20:00
4K, baby!

Unfortunately most times when I used the Apps I was using all of them. Weather, News and Sports. Hopefully by splitting them as MC is doing it will resolve the problem. Will eagerly be awaiting the outcome of these tests.

Thanks for the info MoM.
Old 2017-06-22 , 20:17
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I did do a bit of private trouble shooting at the time by trying to induce the rebooting by sticking to one of the three at a time. In my case I could only ever trigger the reboot using the news app.
The problem seem so complex that it could be caused by just about anything. At least is receiving attention.
Old Yesterday , 15:32
MultiChoice

Further updates from the team working on the fix:

The team has been focussing on the splitting of the News and Weather. The apps are now split and have been released for testing.

Testing commenced early this week. Unfortunately, a serious problem was picked up in the news app where the decoder completely freezes. This will required some investigation and a re-release of the application once the issue has been fixed.
Old Yesterday , 17:41
4K, baby!

Thanks for the update MoM.