Forum > Content > General > Reality merry go around
Old 2017-04-21 , 13:30
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Reality merry go around

Channels such as CBS -Reality, Sony MAX, the various Discoveries etc, make nice fillers but their content just keeps going around and around with endless reruns. For example, the Dog the Bounty Hunter series ended in 2007 back home but we see it endlessly rerun here a decade later. There's just so far an obsolete program can be stretched. Most of the programs are not much younger e.g. 1000 Ways to Die, died over 5 years ago but still lives here.

Surely they have access to new content!? The CBS -Reality website shows all new stuff with the only show common to what we get is Judge Judy.

Could DSTV ask them to move their content on a little and give us something newer to watch?
Old 2017-04-21 , 14:31
MultiChoice

I'll forward this to our content team to take it up with the channels. They have regular performance meetings with channels to discuss these kind of issues. Thank you.
Old 2017-04-21 , 17:03
Changes remote batteries daily

What dstv doesn't seem to understand is that that when people complain about repeats, this is the kind of thing they talk about, not the Mnet channels.
Old 2017-04-21 , 17:27
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revorushin View Post
What dstv doesn't seem to understand is that that when people complain about repeats, this is the kind of thing they talk about, not the Mnet channels.
In MC defence, I've seen a couple of complaints about repeats during 2 week production breaks; like just switch the channel and come back 2 weeks later people!
Old 2017-04-22 , 09:00

I don't even bother with those channels anymore

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 2017-04-22 , 12:38
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Dread View Post
Channels such as CBS -Reality, Sony MAX, the various Discoveries etc, make nice fillers but their content just keeps going around and around with endless reruns. For example, the Dog the Bounty Hunter series ended in 2007 back home but we see it endlessly rerun here a decade later. There's just so far an obsolete program can be stretched. Most of the programs are not much younger e.g. 1000 Ways to Die, died over 5 years ago but still lives here.

Surely they have access to new content!? The CBS -Reality website shows all new stuff with the only show common to what we get is Judge Judy.

Could DSTV ask them to move their content on a little and give us something newer to watch?

CBS reality here in UK isn't much better than the one we get. Same shows every day nothing new.

Explora
Old 2017-06-03 , 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Lindi View Post
I'll forward this to our content team to take it up with the channels. They have regular performance meetings with channels to discuss these kind of issues. Thank you.
How are the meetings going?

Still all the old stuff spinning on these channels.

CBS-R have restarted series 1 of Bondi Rescue from 2006, despite the series still going with up-to-date episodes, why not carry on with new(er) series? Still spinning Operation repo (ended 2014); Hardcore Pawn (ended 2015); Lizard Lick Towing (ended 2014) and Dog the Bounty Hunter (ended 2012).

Yay, they just blessed us with a "new" series 13 of Judge Judy, from 2009, whilst still spinning the older series. Judge Judy is still ongoing with series 21 atm. Move on please.

There is plenty of material to enable them to keep moving forward, just wish they would!