Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > UNWANTED SD PVR REBOOT
Old 2017-08-21 , 08:45
Lurks quietly in the background, and changes remote batteries daily

As 6pm comes on the dot there the reboot starts and again at 7pm if this isn't fixed soon we are seriously thinking of giving up DSTV for good!! Find a fix for this please!!!!
Old 2017-08-21 , 23:24
Knows how to use a remote

I accept this so called 'old tech' story with this one major exception I have had MNET/DSTV since inception including setting up the old 'yellow-green-red' marked aerials and tuning into my stations. How many subscribers remember those times. Then dish TV and the great service we had when SD-PVR's were brought in. My viewing experience was great and hardly ever had a spurious reboot or service interruption or need to report errors. The moment DSTV brought in HD-PVR quickly followed by Explora SD-PVR problems started. As you can see I joined the forum in 2012 why because from that point on there has been a steady decrease in the quality of programming and a continuing increase in spurious errors and reboots and I include HD-PVR and Explora errors. So which other company has a service which is progressively getting worse and has no interest in consulting it's lifelong subscribers. I do not know how many online surveys I have completed until I realised that it was just window dressing cause none of my comments were acted on. Most of the questions gave limited possible choice of response so that DSTV could get the response they wanted. I never heard from DSTV now I get numerous calls telling me how bad my SD-PVR is and trying to convince me to change to this locally manufactured Explora because they made their decision now they have to make this work and I must live with it. The so-called negative responses were illicited by bad service from DSTV and that is what happens when you have monopolies well fibre and broadband is improving and is here to stay so options are opening up in South Africa thank goodness or that.
Old 2017-08-24 , 12:20

Hi all

Please have a look at this thread to see the update from MC Brenda regarding those who have Decoder Insurance. Thank you

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=36930&page=3
Old 2017-08-26 , 19:52
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Rebooting several times again since 6PM today. I am paying in full for a service of which I only have 30 to 40 min access only between 6 and 8PM.

As for MC response, and as I have asked before without any answer. Will this rebooting at 6 be regarded as faulty machine to be swapped by insurance?

Quote from the MC referenced threat by Optimist: "@Dashprod is one of those affected by the recent regular SD PVR reboots, but I don't think temporary widely-experienced faulty performance would be considered part of the insurance."

Please clarify for me - MC please.
Old 2017-08-28 , 12:43

Hi DPA1

I am confirming and will revert.

Thanks
Old 2017-09-06 , 16:00

Looks like subscribers have finished wasting their time reporting SD-PVR reboots because they know DSTV is just not concerned.
Old 2017-09-09 , 18:10
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothafire View Post
Looks like subscribers have finished wasting their time reporting SD-PVR reboots because they know DSTV is just not concerned.
Not at home last weekend. Now I am watching reboot again, as I wanted to keep an eye on the storm in FL, and the cheetahs munster game. Paying for nothing. And waiting for reply as promised.

Will replace sometime, but so far the hazzle of losing the recorded programs just postponing. and the decoder fine rest of the day.
Old 2017-09-09 , 21:08

Yes..mine also rebooting today.
Not a co-incidence they all do it at similar times. They are still screwing with it.
Old 2017-09-11 , 19:09

4th Reboot since 6pm.
For a week or 2, you had it fine, no issues. Then since yesterday morning you decided to screw with it again, and we are worse off than before.
Betting others are having the same issues at the same times.
I'm going big with this....had enough now.
Old 2017-09-11 , 21:04
MultiChoice

I'm sorry this is happening - I spoke to our insurance guys about this. They have to go back to the insurer and clarify. So we're hoping to hear soon.