Forum > Decoders > Remotes > Slow motion not working?
Old 2014-06-10 , 10:29
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Best to try get another remote and test or take decoder in for testing.
Old 2014-06-12 , 06:09
Still gets up to change channels

Does the LED keep flashing for as long as you pressing button? If not, dud batteries perhaps.

Alan
Old 2014-06-12 , 12:09

Question Symptoms & tried solutions (MC help please)

I am still having the same problem. I've checked the following:

1) Batteries
2) Extra view - Plugged everything out except explora, made no change to the way it is malfunctioning.
3) switched off all other equipment and lights in the house (incase lights/xbox sensor/whatever affected it)
4) covered myself, the explora and remote control in a blanket(Yeah the wife had a good laugh) - That rules out reflections etc etc
5) I am on the latest software
6) Ensured remote is pressed in the intended way.

It seems that more people are picking up the problem. The decoder strugles with remote commands where the button is kept depressed. Typical symptoms which I have found:

1) Slow motion can not be activated. Decoder simply jumps between Play and Pause
2) Decoder Reset is very hard to achieve. Decoder jumps between on and off
3) While using the remote, it sometimes repeats the button press. In other words if you briefly press channel up, it might jump 2 or 3 channels up. When pressing the return button, it might return more than just one screen.

MC, it is looking more and more like there might be a problem here. Can you please ask technical to investigate and informing us if it is the remote control or the actual explora device which is causing the issues. I personally would prefer just to swap the remote out than disconnecting the whole setup.

Kind Regards
Old 2014-06-12 , 15:18
MultiChoice

Default Slow motion not working?

Hi,

I am not exactly following the steps that you mentioned here and would like to clarify few things;

The procedure for slomo is as follows: e.g. whilst in playback,
1) press and hold Pause/Play button and after about 5 sec or so,
2) the icon changes from normal pause icon to a left & right arrow icon.
3) From this point you can then decide on backward or forward slomo by pressing either the rew or FF buttons.

For the reset functionality, can you please confirm for how long are you pressing the standby button and if itís firm when you press.

If there is nothing wrong with the procedure it could be a remote control unit or the decoder itself.

Regards,
Old 2014-06-13 , 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Lufuno View Post
Hi,

I am not exactly following the steps that you mentioned here and would like to clarify few things;

The procedure for slomo is as follows: e.g. whilst in playback,
1) press and hold Pause/Play button and after about 5 sec or so,
2) the icon changes from normal pause icon to a left & right arrow icon.
3) From this point you can then decide on backward or forward slomo by pressing either the rew or FF buttons.

For the reset functionality, can you please confirm for how long are you pressing the standby button and if itís firm when you press.

If there is nothing wrong with the procedure it could be a remote control unit or the decoder itself.

Regards,
Hi MC Lufuno,
The steps followed are exctly as you've explained. The result is however not. Holding the pause button toggles between pause play and does not go into slow motion. Holding the on/off button toggles between on and off and does not reset. Sometimes however it would do a reset if you are lucky.
Pitty that you say it could be the decoder or the remote because now I will have to take the whole lot down. It seems that quite a couple of people are in the same predicament.

Regards,
Old 2014-06-13 , 14:16
MultiChoice

Default Slow motion not working?

I would suggest have the remote control tested first as gwalker mentioned earlier or if you can have another remote control to test with in your environment. Taking decoder in should be the last resort.
Old 2014-06-14 , 20:04
Still listens to the wireless

I had exactly the same problem with the slow motion and reset button and eventually took my explora back to the dealer who gave me a new one. Well the new one responds slightly better than the old one but also requires several attemps before going into the slow mo mode. Looks like a software issue. The explora at the dealer was also sluggish to go into slow mo mode. Think most people are not even aware of the slow mo function. Could be a general problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2014-08-08 , 19:09
Knows how to use a remote

I also have the same issues getting Slow Motion to work on my Explora
LMX500 Smart LNB
Pace 4 Tuner(Spare)
SD PVR (Spare)
Old 2014-09-01 , 21:29

Angry Sounds like a common problem

I also just bought a new Explora. Having exactly the same problem the others are reporting. Hold down Pause/Play and after 2 secs it flips back from Pause to Play mode, though remote stays lit. No SloMo in sight.

Already regretting this purchase due to misrepresentation as explained on Hello Peter.
Old 2014-09-01 , 23:40
Changes remote batteries daily

Default A6 Remote and Responses

I also confirm the difficulty experienced by others when trying to activate the slow-motion and re-set functions.

Success rates for me are about 10% to achieve slow-motion and about 40% for re-set.

I also frequently experience double (and occasionally triple) reactions by the Explora to remote button presses.

An SBR was deleted from the 'Season Manager' screen because of the double action ('CANCEL SEASON' is the top action to perform when chosen - which I had not!).

I have also had many instances where the Explora does not react to a button press.

So ..... is it a remote, decoder or software problem?
Tags
explora, remote control