Forum > Decoders > Remotes > Slow motion not working?
Old 2014-05-15 , 13:47
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Are you using a TV Link, I cannot get Slow Mo to work via TVLink but direct to decoder it works fine.
I do have extraview setup, but the tv-link is on the SDPVR. The Explora is situated and viewed in the lounge directly with the remote control. It is as if holding the play/pause button does absolutely nothing accept plying/pausing again after a couple of seconds.

MC Fatima, I installed the decoder last night and it did an upgrade. I assume the upgrade would have been to the latest version.
Old 2014-05-15 , 13:51
Changes remote batteries hourly

From what I've read here, the problem is that after you've paused it, you then still need to use arrow left or right to engage actual slow mo mode.

New note: This problem was later fixed, or at least improved - details in one of the more recent software upgrade threads.

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-03-31 at 13:04. .
Old 2014-05-15 , 14:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
From what I've read here, the problem is that after you've paused it, you then still need to use arrow left or right to engage actual slow mo mode.
Nope. The way I understand it: in play mode while watching anything in the buffer or in catch-up, (1) press the pause button, (2) keep the pause button depressed for a while. It should now be in slowmotion mode (Should be indicated by an icon <|> ) and you can use << or >> for different slow motion speeds from here onwards. I never get to the <|> icon

SBTW I've also tried skipping no (1) above by just holding the play/pause button during play mode.
Old 2014-05-15 , 14:22
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johangr View Post
Nope. The way I understand it: in play mode while watching anything in the buffer or in catch-up, (1) press the pause button, (2) keep the pause button depressed for a while. It should now be in slowmotion mode (Should be indicated by an icon <|> ) and you can use << or >> for different slow motion speeds from here onwards. I never get to the <|> icon

SBTW I've also tried skipping no (1) above by just holding the play/pause button during play mode.
This is correct, it is like the decoder is not receiving a constant pause hold down.
A test - this should / will reboot the decoder -
If you hold the power button down for a while (5 secs), does the decoder reboot.

This could be a IR interference, remote issue or decoder issue.

Something to try is set the Explora not to respond to TV link , heart beats etc could be causing the interference.
Old 2014-05-16 , 09:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
This is correct, it is like the decoder is not receiving a constant pause hold down.
A test - this should / will reboot the decoder -
If you hold the power button down for a while (5 secs), does the decoder reboot.

This could be a IR interference, remote issue or decoder issue.

Something to try is set the Explora not to respond to TV link , heart beats etc could be causing the interference.
Went through all the motions last night, testing various distances, ensuring no other appliances are on and did the reset test. The decoder would only reset 1 out of 5 attempts. I got the slow-motion icon on the screen once in all my efforts. I also noticed that sometimes when pressing the channel up/down the decoder skips 1 or 2 channels as if I pressed the button quickly in succession. Right, so there is a problem.

Pretty sad for a brand new one day old decoder. So, my question now is: Where does the problem lie? With the decoder or the A6 remote control? I seriously do not want to undo my whole installation, but if you have to you have to I suppose.

Thanks for all the help on this one guys.
Old 2014-05-16 , 09:31
Technical Myriad

First provide us with all the settings that are related to XV and the use of TVLINK eyes on the Explora and your other decoder.

That issue of double commands could very well be related to a setting.

IF the decoders are in the same room next to each other, make sure, any setting like "relay commands" = OFF.

Next make sure you are using two different viewing environs on the decoders, so if the Explora is "TV1" or an equivalent, then the other decoder must be "TV2".

With TVLINK eyes installed, "Accept Relayed Commands" or equivalent must = ON on both decoders.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2014-05-16 at 09:33. .
Old 2014-05-16 , 10:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
First provide us with all the settings that are related to XV and the use of TVLINK eyes on the Explora and your other decoder.

That issue of double commands could very well be related to a setting.

IF the decoders are in the same room next to each other, make sure, any setting like "relay commands" = OFF.

Next make sure you are using two different viewing environs on the decoders, so if the Explora is "TV1" or an equivalent, then the other decoder must be "TV2".

With TVLINK eyes installed, "Accept Relayed Commands" or equivalent must = ON on both decoders.
Geoff,
It makes sense what you are saying about double commands as symptomatically it seems to be doing just that. I will have to check the settings on the PVR's tonight. How-ever, what I can tell you so far is that I have a SDPVR and Explora. Both next to each other in the lounge. The SDPVR feeds to 2 bedrooms, each with its own tv-link eye. The Explora is only used in the lounge. Thus 3 viewing environments. There is no TVLink eye in close sight of the Explora.

I'm not too sure what you mean by "make sure you are using two different viewing environs on the decoders"
Old 2014-05-16 , 11:58
Technical Myriad

In combination with an SD PVR,

There will be three viewing environments -- "TV1" and "TV2" for the SD PVR and "TV1" for the Explora. The lastest s/w upgrade on the SD PVR fixed the fact that the SD PVR responds to Explora commands, BUT I would play safe and ensure that TV1 or TV2 is not used on the Explora, rather another one if it is available.

The SD PVR cannot relay commands, so at least that is not causing the problem. I am assuming the Explora works the same as the HD PVRs, so make sure the Explora is not relaying commands - these may be coming back at you as a delayed reflection , which then causes the interference.

How do you distribute RF to the other rooms? from the RF OUT port on the SD PVR? If so the HB cable is connected to RF IN on the SD PVR and RF OUT on the Explora?
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2014-06-09 , 23:47
Still listens to the wireless

I have the same problem as Johangr with the slow motion function jumping between play pause when holding play pause button down and not going to slow mo mode. . I only have an explora decoder connected, no other decoders or other set ups. My decoder is 2 weeks old. It seems like a bad connection on the remote button. Please advise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2014-06-09 , 23:59
Still listens to the wireless

I have also noticed that the reboot function ( pressing and holding the start button) does not work. Explora only switching to on off not rebooting. Please advise. Is this a remote or decoder problem. What should I do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tags
explora, remote control