Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > Sanctuary Episode Mixup
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2011-01-21 , 22:25
Scymitar Scymitar is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 117
Angry Sanctuary Episode Mixup

Episode 11 of Sanctuary was aired before episode 10 in place of episode 9, will episode 9 follow 10?
  #2  
Old 2011-01-21 , 22:28
Scymitar Scymitar is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 117
Correction, Episode 9 was aired, DSTV just mixed up Episode 10 and 11. I know they will say that it wasn't their fault, but the suppliers etc etc, does DSTV ever reprimand the suppliers if this is the case?
  #3  
Old 2011-01-24 , 17:45
MC Kerry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scymitar View Post
Episode 11 of Sanctuary was aired before episode 10 in place of episode 9, will episode 9 follow 10?
According to M-Net Action:

We did play out episode 11 instead of 10 - because this is the correct order in which it should have been played. When we did our quality checks we realized that episode 10 was not the logical follow on to episode 9 but rather episode 11 was.
As per tv.com episode 10 (Haunted) should have played before episode 11 (Sleepers) but as per the information that was received from the supplier we played the series out in the correct order from a content perspective.
We will be airing episode 10 this week.


Does that seem to make sense (as someone who watched the episodes?)
  #4  
Old 2011-01-25 , 09:28
Mad Cat's Avatar
Mad Cat Mad Cat is offline
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nelspruit
Posts: 4,582
From storyline alone, I didn't notice that the episodes were in the wrong order. In this case, unlike when it happened with Eastwick, I have no problem.
__________________
Explora x 2
  #5  
Old 2011-01-25 , 09:34
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Technical Myriad
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PTA
Posts: 16,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Kerry View Post
According to M-Net Action:

We did play out episode 11 instead of 10 - because this is the correct order in which it should have been played. When we did our quality checks we realized that episode 10 was not the logical follow on to episode 9 but rather episode 11 was.
As per tv.com episode 10 (Haunted) should have played before episode 11 (Sleepers) but as per the information that was received from the supplier we played the series out in the correct order from a content perspective.
We will be airing episode 10 this week.

Does that seem to make sense (as someone who watched the episodes?)
(1) Interesting point about the info supplied not really in line with the content --- Congrats to MNET Action for picking this up and correcting it
(2) From someone that has them recorded for the "familie", I will have a look and see if it makes sense, after (10) or is it (11) has played out.
__________________
Easyview, UEC 4T HD PVR, SD PVR, XV
Spare decoders: SD PVR(2), PACE HD PVR 4T, DSD 660, 1110, 1131, Explora 1
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
  #6  
Old 2011-01-25 , 09:40
Mad Cat's Avatar
Mad Cat Mad Cat is offline
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nelspruit
Posts: 4,582
What I would request is that particular attention be paid to the final 2 episodes of season 2, and 1st episode of season 3 as this is 3 parts of same storyline.
From what I can deduce, episodes will be aired as follows:
3 Feb Action Kali part 1 (2/12)
10 Feb Action Kali part 2 (2/13)
17 Feb Series Kali part 3 (3/1)

Hope this doesn't get stuffed up
__________________
Explora x 2
  #7  
Old 2011-01-25 , 09:49
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Technical Myriad
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PTA
Posts: 16,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
What I would request is that particular attention be paid to the final 2 episodes of season 2, and 1st episode of season 3 as this is 3 parts of same storyline.
From what I can deduce, episodes will be aired as follows:
3 Feb Action Kali part 1 (2/12)
10 Feb Action Kali part 2 (2/13)
17 Feb Series Kali part 3 (3/1)

Hope this doesn't get stuffed up
I generally keep the last episode of a previous season, until the new season ep 1 has been aired -- to pick on the storyline again. In this case, I will be keeping the last2 episodes of season 2

Thanks for the heads up on this one.
__________________
Easyview, UEC 4T HD PVR, SD PVR, XV
Spare decoders: SD PVR(2), PACE HD PVR 4T, DSD 660, 1110, 1131, Explora 1
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
  #8  
Old 2011-01-27 , 13:59
Mad Cat's Avatar
Mad Cat Mad Cat is offline
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nelspruit
Posts: 4,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Kerry View Post
According to M-Net Action:

We will be airing episode 10 this week.
Earlier this week, we received above info.
However, tonight's EPG reads Kali part 1 episode 12.
Please advise which is being screened?
__________________
Explora x 2
  #9  
Old 2011-01-31 , 08:37
MC Kerry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
Earlier this week, we received above info.
However, tonight's EPG reads Kali part 1 episode 12.
Please advise which is being screened?
I must apologise for not replying to this last week - I did forward your question on to M-Net Action for checking but never heard back. Did the correct sequence of episodes play out?
  #10  
Old 2011-01-31 , 08:52
Mad Cat's Avatar
Mad Cat Mad Cat is offline
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nelspruit
Posts: 4,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Kerry View Post
I must apologise for not replying to this last week - I did forward your question on to M-Net Action for checking but never heard back. Did the correct sequence of episodes play out?
Kali part 1 episode 12 was screened. For me it wasn't a problem.

Hope that others noticed, as it was the 1st part of 3 parts ending season 2, beginning season 3.
__________________
Explora x 2
 
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads  | You may not post replies  | You may not post attachments  | You may not edit your posts
BB code is On  | Smilies are On  | [IMG] code is On  | HTML code is Off
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sanctuary and Dr Who Scymitar DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) 5 2010-02-05 09:36
24 - episode 2 LesleyH DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) 5 2009-06-18 07:53