Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Remote Controls > Remote volume not working - not a redirect issue
Old 2012-02-01 , 14:59
Still listens to the wireless
Question Remote volume not working - not a redirect issue

Hello folks.

SETUP - Dual decoder I with remote blaster to TV2. Remote set to 'A' for TV1. The problem is with TV1. No additional sound system involved. No problems at all with TV2. No hardware additions/alterations that could have caused this.

I hope someone can help - I have trawled through the forum looking for answers without success, and called several DSTV installers - so far, everyone is stumped.

This happened overnight with no 'apparent' cause - at least certainly none that I can think of. Suddenly the remote will not alter the channel volume (no other issues with controlling DSTV). Everything appears fine ie the yellow volume indicator comes up on screen and scrolls up to max and down to min, the mute appears correctly, but it makes no difference to the actual sound volume from the TV, so I now have to use the TV's remote to control volume. An annoying inconvenience and not the end of the world, but I am intrigued to find out why!

Anyway, I read the remote leaflet and as a result cancelled any 'volume redirect' that may inadvertantly have been set - makes no difference.

I cannot check if its the remote itself by trying the 2nd remote as its an old one and has no effect on the main DSTV decoder.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to solve this problem? If more info is needed, I will be happy to supply it.

dual decoder, remote, standard decoder, volume