Old 2017-05-19 , 13:51
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Should work fine with no consequences. Until MC decide to use the real even higher Hi Band.

Based on my past experiments on another older decoder - what happens is the Standard setting ignores Hi Band, and then (only then) the current higher frequencies in use are seen by the decoder as being part of the top edge of Lo Band

If it all continues to work then no adjustments at all are currently required, but that doesn't mean there can't be side effects... (unlikely IMO)
Thanks Optimist. I have looked at other channels etc and it seems be fine.
Old 2017-05-19 , 14:00
Changes remote batteries hourly

Great. Let us know if anything changes.

@Others - not advisable to mess with those settings, you do so at your own risk.
Old 2017-05-19 , 14:40
MultiChoice

Some feedback on what you have done from our technical guys:

Using the LNB Mode “Std” means that the decoder will only access the Low Band.

We ran some tests with this option some time back and wehad some conflicting results across the different decoder models. For this reason the “LNB Switch Frequency” was introduced in the menu for the newer models of decoders.

We wouldn’t recommend this option. But if it works then you can go on using this setting until a problem comes up.

Once we launch frequencies higher than 11900 then you will need to upgrade your installation. It is for this reason, that our standard installation recommendations for new and upgrade installations has been at least a quad LNB but preferably a Smart LNB.
Old 2017-05-19 , 14:46
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Thanks Marietjie. If something comes up I wall switch back to the UNi mode and just loose the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Some feedback on what you have done from our technical guys:

Using the LNB Mode “Std” means that the decoder will only access the Low Band.

We ran some tests with this option some time back and wehad some conflicting results across the different decoder models. For this reason the “LNB Switch Frequency” was introduced in the menu for the newer models of decoders.

We wouldn’t recommend this option. But if it works then you can go on using this setting until a problem comes up.

Once we launch frequencies higher than 11900 then you will need to upgrade your installation. It is for this reason, that our standard installation recommendations for new and upgrade installations has been at least a quad LNB but preferably a Smart LNB.
Old 2017-05-19 , 20:54
Technical Myriad

I was very hesitant to suggest the fiddle of setting the decoder to Standard mode ( which then ignores the hi band transponders) because the solution is very unpredictable. It only works on some installations, and generally only if the cables are quite short between the decoder and the LNB.

You may also find that the channels on the top end of the band give lower than normal signal strength and quality values.

But use if it works for you, for as long as it does.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2017-05-19 at 21:02. .