Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Frustrated : Change of Ownership
Old 2017-05-09 , 13:55
Knows how to use a remote

Default Frustrated : Change of Ownership

I am hoping that one of the Multichoice representatives on these forums can perhaps assist me

I completed a Change of Ownshership application last week Tuesday 2nd May accompanied with all relevant documentation and sent it through to the changeofownership@multichoice.co.za email address as instructed

I have since followed up with the multichoice customer care centre on numerous occassions and still the change has not happened

The decoder is out of contract and 100% paid off so there should be no problem in transferring

My reference number is 8761944

Thanks
Mark
Extraview 2 : Coming Soon
Cables : Many
Old 2017-05-09 , 14:04
MultiChoice

Hi there, thank you for raising this with us - am sending an email on my side to escalate this for you. Thank you for your patience and for giving us the chance to get this right.
Old 2017-05-09 , 15:13
MultiChoice

I understand that Melissa is in touch with you to sort this out. Pls let me know if this does not happen in the next day or so.

For the sake of other members of the Forum, this has to with cancelling a decoder payment plan (Price Lock) against this decoder before the change of ownership can be completed.
Old 2017-05-09 , 15:36

Hello

I will provide feedback

Just to add though that when I phoned last we to enquire about the Change of Ownership the consultant who helped me checked the decoder account and confirmed that it was out of contract and paid up and escalated the issue with the relevant department but since then there was no feedback

I will await feedback from Melissa

Thank You
Old 2017-05-11 , 07:50

Good Day

Just a bit of feedback from my side. This issue has still not been resolved. 10 days now

Spoke to a consultant from Customer Care again last night who once again confirmed that the Decoder was outside of the 2-year price lock since February and that there was no reason why the change of ownership should have been delayed as there are no monies outstanding

Last night the services to the orignal decoder were suspended before the change of ownership had been completed with the end result that my parents were left without DSTV as the services were suspended but because the decoder was still in there name and not on my account I could not load it as x-traview on myside

Surely the change of ownership should first take place before terminating the service on the orignal account so that once this is done it can be immeditaly activated on my account as x-traview

I am really disappointed to date with the lack of service I am receiving and the different stories I am receiving. The Decoder is out of contract, all necessary documents have been submitted. I have done everything that is required of me from my side. Why then is this taking so long. Clearly the escalating of case numbers to whoever is not working

My father even got a phone call yesterday asking him to please resubmit all the forms again to changeofownership@multichoice.co.za. This I refuse to do in principle as I did this last week Tuesday already

Please can this get resolved today. My Parents are both retired and can no longer afford to pay the for DSTV themselves and I need this sorted out

Mark
Old 2017-05-12 , 07:23

Morning

Happy to say this has finally been sorted out. After phoning customer care again last evening for the nth time finally got to a point where the explora was available to be placed onto my account. A system glitch was blamed for why it had taken so long. Anywayz 3rd x-traview is now working
Old 2017-05-12 , 07:33
MultiChoice

Glad it is sorted and that you can now enjoy your viewing.