Forum > Decoders > Installation > HD PVR INSTALLATION
Old 2017-05-08 , 14:49
Still listens to the wireless

Default HD PVR INSTALLATION

I have purchased the SMART LNB eye recently. I have 2 x HD PVR decoders.

Can someone please help me with the correct wiring setup from LNB to decoders and the settings on decoders as well please.

I have connected as follow:

From LNB

1 x Unv - Connected to Socket 1 on PVR - Primary
1 x A - Conected to Socket 2 on PVR - Primary
1 x B - Connected to Socket 1 on PVR - Secondary
1 x C - Connected to Socket 2 on PVR - Secondary

From Primary RF in to Secondary RF out - Heartbeat cable.

TV connected to PVR Secondary and TV2(Bedroom) connected to PVR Primary with TV Link eye. Bad signal interference in bedroom tv

Only 1 decoder(Secondary) can record and have all PVR functions. PVR primary only

If someone can just provide me with correct wiring setup and settings on decoders for remote please and perhaps other setings
Old 2017-05-08 , 15:05
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpieterse131 View Post
I have purchased the SMART LNB eye recently. I have 2 x HD PVR decoders.

Can someone please help me with the correct wiring setup from LNB to decoders and the settings on decoders as well please.

I have connected as follow:

From LNB

1 x Unv - Connected to Socket 1 on PVR - Primary
1 x A - Conected to Socket 2 on PVR - Primary
1 x B - Connected to Socket 1 on PVR - Secondary
1 x C - Connected to Socket 2 on PVR - Secondary

From Primary RF in to Secondary RF out - Heartbeat cable.

TV connected to PVR Secondary and TV2(Bedroom) connected to PVR Primary with TV Link eye. Bad signal interference in bedroom tv

Only 1 decoder(Secondary) can record and have all PVR functions. PVR primary only

If someone can just provide me with correct wiring setup and settings on decoders for remote please and perhaps other setings

Those LNB connections are completely wrong!, Which HD PVR decoders do you have? It sounds as if you have 2 x HDPVR 2P decoders.

You cannot use the SLNB ( Smart LNB) as indicated and should not have purchased this LNB for your decoders in the first place. Why did you do this?

However, we could try and get the two decoders to work provided you never ever switch any of the decoders off.

Remove ALL the cables on the SLNB except two cables one for each decoder connected ports A and B on the SLNB. Replace the terminations on port C. DO NOT use the universal port!.

Connect the LNB cables to the port marked SATCR on each of the HD PVRs. ONLY one cable and ONLY on that port!.

Now boot up the decoders.

Set the Primary decoder network settings for SATCR Universal.
Set the Secondary decoder for SATCR Universal, and then press the white edit button and change the userband and frequencies from the defaults to userbands 2,3. Look up on the manual that came with the SLNB for the frequencies for these two user bands and set or verify that they are correct. Save the settings and allow both decoders to rescan networks. Hopefully the decoders will now complete the boot cycle and display ch 100.

Now once this is in place you can start worrying about the HB signal.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-05-09 , 10:45
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

The LMX 501 willpower up sufficiently from one hd2P decoder as the LMX501 is not as power hungry as the old LMX500. f
both need one cable from the unicable ports.
than in the menu options the lnb type must be changed to satcr universal. pressing the white button on the remote while on satcr universal will allow you to edit the userbands and select different userbands example 0 and 1 for the first hd2p and 2 and 3 for the second hd2p. normal distribution of Rf out to Rf out should be used for distribution of signal
Old 2017-05-09 , 10:59
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Field Services View Post
The LMX 501 willpower up sufficiently from one hd2P decoder as the LMX501 is not as power hungry as the old LMX500.
Aah, that would explain some of the reasoning behind there being less ports on the 501. Thanks David.

Pity there isn't equipment available anywhere that allows one to back-convert Unicable to Universal...