Forum > Decoders > Installation > Xtra view with Explora 2
Old 2017-04-23 , 08:31
Still listens to the wireless

Default Xtra view with Explora 2

I keep getting the following message on my secondary decoder for Xtraview : Waiting for communication from primary decoder. I currently have the following setup for my Xtraview:
Explora 2 as primary decoder connected to Port A on my Smart Lnb with 4 ports (Universal, A, B, and C), and secondary decoder HD (Model 4U) connected to Universal port on SLNB. These decoders are not connected with heartbeat cable as I understand that this cable is not necessary if I have SLNB. What am I doing wrong?
Old 2017-04-23 , 08:40
Changes remote batteries hourly

Welcome :-)

The 4136 HD Decoder 4U has to additionally have a diplexer connected behind it to use the heartbeat (HB) that way, else a conventional HB cable is needed.
BUT... only if you then use a Unicable connection for the 4U as well, HB can't work via the Universal port.

Sorry, probably can't assist further if needed, I'm only here this morning.
Old 2017-04-23 , 08:47
Changes remote batteries hourly

Here's more detail which would be needed;

The use of Unicable on the 4U then also requires you changing that LNB setting in its menu for that.
You then also need to change the User Band in the Home Network menu to Index 3 with Frequency 2040.
Change the Index setting first, then the Frequency.

Note that the Explora model 2A has a diplexer built in.
(The Explora model 1 doesn't.)

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-04-23 at 09:02. . Reason: Further info
Old 2017-04-24 , 09:54
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

please give more details on your installation, are they in the same environment , different environment, connections and when does the fault appear and for how long
Old 2017-04-24 , 12:39
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGrey View Post
I keep getting the following message on my secondary decoder for Xtraview : Waiting for communication from primary decoder. I currently have the following setup for my Xtraview:
Explora 2 as primary decoder connected to Port A on my Smart Lnb with 4 ports (Universal, A, B, and C), and secondary decoder HD (Model 4U) connected to Universal port on SLNB. These decoders are not connected with heartbeat cable as I understand that this cable is not necessary if I have SLNB. What am I doing wrong?
Optimist has provided you with most f the important info.

(1) The model 4U decoder requires the use of a diplexer if you want to use the LNB cabling for HB, as well as it has to be connected to one of the Unicable ports, not to the universal port.

(2) The only really critical piece of info is to ensure that a different userband is chosen for the 4U decoder different from those used by the Explora.

(3)If the decoders at in the same room, then it is actually easier to connect a HB cable from one of the RF ports on the Explora to an RF port on the 4U.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-04-24 , 16:06
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

sorry was hectic , misread what was written. optimist is correct