Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > Chaotic events with 181 Origins: The Journey Of Humankind
Old 2017-04-29 , 08:44
Changes remote batteries hourly

Good morning Trisan & co.,

There's been a bizarre new twist that's developed overnight - my schedule for tomorrow night's episode of Genius now bears a conflict warning triangle.

All my recording schedules for the period remain unaltered by me, and certainly as far as outward appearances go there's been no changes to the data at all - all start and end at the same non-conflicting times, both in the schedule entries and in the EPG, and there's been no clear visible alteration regarding any currently set season / episode / synopsis.

BTW - as a precaution, a few days ago I had individually altered my start and end safety nets for all these schedules to further prevent any possibility of some bug related conflict with them (something I've done before with no consequence, probably pointless). There's been no change to those settings either.

My scheduling for the evening is as follows;
19:00 - 20:05 on 101 - Carte Blanche
20:05 - 21:00 on 181 - Genius
21:00 - 21:55 on 181 - Origins
22:50 - 23:40 on 901 - John Oliver show (moved to 901 days ago due to the earlier start time of this week's John Oliver slot)

To facilitate further monitoring of these conditions I will not be making any manual alterations such as choosing other available slots or redoing any SBR's.
(What I may choose to do if necessary closer to the time is currently anyone's guess.)

Will post more as this develops...
Please watch my posts for any needed edits.
Old 2017-04-29 , 10:38

Sorry people, this is taking up too much of my time so change of plan and can't help monitor this further - I will no longer be doing any backup or other NatGeo recordings on the Explora, in this case back to good old fashioned and adjustable TBR's for me

If / when NatGeo becomes a HD channel I will try again.
Old 2017-05-02 , 10:36

Epilogue:

Just some other further feedback re this troublesome series;
  • The episode was not the one that the team had been asked to change the details to (and as mentioned that one had been on last week).
  • Last night's episode ran late again (and so did Genius).
  • My recording had two short interruption glitches in it - possibly unrelated to the channel, it looked like authentication was being messed around with again (typical on some weekends).
I've got no idea what happened beyond this, stuck to my new TBR plans so didn't have those problems again.

Appreciate the EPG team's efforts, hope it goes better for all of us now.