Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > Chaotic events with 181 Origins: The Journey Of Humankind
Old 2017-04-09 , 07:44
Changes remote batteries hourly

Default Chaotic events with 181 Origins: The Journey Of Humankind

Hi team,

There's been much confusion over this series from National Geographic Channel.

Here's a copy of posts made so far in the missing-on-catch-up thread elsewhere. Thanks for your assistance in advance.

------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Please load Origins: The Journey Of Humankind S01E01 onto CU+ (in the Other Shows section on Exploras).

We only have S01E02. It was thanks to it that we discovered the series, but now too late to get a live broadcast of E01.
The expiry date for E02 shows that E01 should still be available.
From 181 National Geographic.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Pamela View Post
Hi Optimist

Origins: The Journey Of Humankind S1 E1 is available on CU+ (can be viewed on Other Shows section on the Explora).
Quote:
Hi Pamela, no it's not listed on my Explora model 1, which is why I'm reporting it. Just checked again.
Thanks.
Quote:
Ok, I see what the problem is now,,,

According to the EPG, "We are the fire species" is episode 2.
According to CU+, that episode is episode 1 (the normally invisible episode detail can be seen when searching for it).

Unless it's an episode in 2 parts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Pamela View Post
Currently, we have We are the fire species on the Explora. I'll check with the CU team and get back to you.
Quote:
Thanks Pamela. Please could they also coordinate with the EPG team as things have worsened overnight.

Besides the CU+ version of E01 sharing its episode title / synopsis with the channel 181 broadcast version of E02 (on tonight @ 21:00), we now have the EPG reflecting that next Sunday's episode will be E05
There are no in-between broadcasts of further episodes.
Although some British entertainment channels mix up the order of their episodes at times, I've not seen this happen on any of the doccie channels.

I'll make a thread in the forum section used for EPG issues so that their team can get up to speed with this concern.
Old 2017-04-10 , 06:25

Latest development - by last night the CU team had loaded "E02" onto CU+. It's about superviruses.

Besides the E01 / E02 confusion, if the channel claims that the order doesn't make a difference then please remind them that this is the premiere of the series and that the resultant confusion being caused with the local parallel Catch Up offering system is resulting in stress, not entertainment for customers.
If they must change the order for premiere seasons then please could they also change the episode numbers used for that order.

Again, thanks in advance as I may be too busy to comment further.

EDIT: That is the channel's excuse, delivered in the Missing thread. No explanation given for the E01 / E02 mix-up.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-04-11 at 08:01. .
Old 2017-04-13 , 20:45

Sadly, besides what was since further mentioned in the other thread, things turn out to be even worse and now further affecting the accuracy of the EPG as well so here's one last bit of detail;

Decided to watch my recording of the episode about "We are the fire species".
It is instead the one about "superviruses", so the EPG synopsis was wrong as well. (Incidentally, there's no mention of superviruses etc. in the content itself, just about ordinary viruses )
Fortunately, this fire episode is on CU+.
Who knows what Sunday night's broadcast will actually be, and I can't be bothered to offer more re this puzzle so suggest all interested just juggle with what's made available

@NatGeo - wake up please!
Old 2017-04-21 , 17:37
Knows how to use a remote

Hello

We've escalated to National Geographic and will provide a response as soon as they have one. Thanks for reporting.
Old 2017-04-24 , 10:48

Fox has responded: they have decided to air the episodes differently in South Africa, but did not update the episode information to reflect this. They apologise for the inconvenience caused and are working to resolve the issue.
Old 2017-04-26 , 18:24

The premiere of S01E05 is this Sunday night. Sometime this afternoon it was changed to S01E03 and has as such caused chaos with my scheduling!

I know some are trying hard, but seriously it's not good enough and I doubt I will involve myself further.
Old 2017-04-26 , 18:30

Quote:
The premiere of S01E05 is this Sunday night. Sometime this afternoon it was changed to S01E03 and has as such caused chaos with my scheduling!

I know some are trying hard, but seriously it's not good enough and I doubt I will involve myself further.
Hello

This shouldn't cause a problem as episode 3 has never aired before. This would be the premiere of what National Geographic has decided to label as episode 3.
Old 2017-04-26 , 18:37

The episodes aired so far have been labelled E01 to E04. Whatever the channel is / was labelling them, this is what is understood by the decoders.
If left like this, it cannot correct as only cancelling and setting a new SBR can work with this scenario. Something 99%+ of users won't be aware of.

BTW, the Monday night repeat is still called E05.

Thanks for the fast assistance Trisan.
Old 2017-04-26 , 18:53

Possible correction - there's been so much confusion with what's happened so far and the different scenario going on with CU+ that I've lost track, indeed I think there have only been 2, or perhaps 3 episodes so far. CU+ claims to offer 4 already...

Either way, not working :-/
All the best with it...
Old 2017-04-27 , 08:59

I'll see this through with this episode, should hopefully be enough to assist you people with sorting out the rest.

By late last night the slot for Sunday night was back or had possibly remained in my scheduling (can't remember exactly what happened). It's called E03 and should work, but please note that it has the synopsis for last Sunday's episode.

The repeat slot that was automatically "rescheduled" for Monday night is still there and is still called E05, with the believed correct synopsis for this coming episode.

No further change so far today.