Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > My Kitchen Rules EPG schedules
Old 2017-04-13 , 11:42
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Trisan View Post
Was your episode correctly recorded?

The recordings took place as per the incorrect times shown on the scheduled recording list - not as per the correct EPG times. I didn't miss anything but that is only because I recorded two programs back-to-back. 8 minutes before the end of Modern Family my recording stopped and my Big Bang Theory recording started. I only managed to get the end of Big Bang Theory because I have a 10 minute safety net at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Trisan View Post
This may be an interface issue: the Explora displays the time the recording was initially set at and not the final recorded time when you press 'i', however, the recording takes place at the most recently updated times on the EPG.
This is not the case. The times shown on the scheduled recording list - and also when you press i - were the (incorrect) times that recorded.

Also, the previous week my scheduled recording list DID update to the amended EPG times and recorded correctly.
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-04-13 , 11:46

Apart from the fact that there is clearly some kind of problem, I can't understand why the M-Net schedule does not show the correct ending time of 19H38 for My Kitchen Rules right from the start without the need to amend it every time from 19h30 as this apply to EVERY SINGLE EPISODE of this series.

At least this will temporarily make the problem go away while the software gets fixed.
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-04-13 , 11:52
Changes remote batteries hourly

I got an answer in another thread in this section, apparently M-Net are attending to making schedules more reliable now.

As for the works-sometimes, doesn't-work-other-times late updates - I'm starting to think that it depends on just how late the change is made. Which was why a rule not allowing it was made in the first place...
Old 2017-04-13 , 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
As for the works-sometimes, doesn't-work-other-times late updates - I'm starting to think that it depends on just how late the change is made. Which was why a rule not allowing it was made in the first place...
I also believes this plays a role. But I'm then still confused why a reboot would not pick up the latest/current times from the EPG?

Event tracking should not be rocket science but if it can't be made to work then at least make it part of the maintenance reboot for now (and any reboot) to re-check all scheduled recording to the EPG and correct/update them.
Old 2017-04-13 , 12:15
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

What I did notice last night was that the EPG scheduled times and the I-plate times displayed did not match. I also noticed that same thing during a previous recording mishap.

I don't know what the relationship between the EPG schedules, I-plate times and event tracking is but I am sure it is worth looking into.+

what
Old 2017-04-13 , 12:26

Yes, that's something we've been aware of for ages Jan. Those two data streams are separate - Now / Next info comes in with each channel, the EPG separately.
Indeed, their synchronising, on the decoder and / or at MC, still needs to be improved. So it would seem does the regularity of such syncing.
Old 2017-04-13 , 12:41

Maybe this is related to the problem though? Could it be that the scheduled recordings sync to the i-plate info/times (in the final stage)? Possibly then, sometimes the i-plate does not get updated - only the EPG does - and then this translates into the scheduled recording also not being updated?
Old 2017-04-13 , 13:07

Yep, been a strong suspect all along. However, what the recording schedules rely on for info hasn't been clear yet in my few examinations.

Side note for clarity - the info about how it works has been explained by Mods in the past a few times.
Also, AFAIK, i-Plate lines from line 3 onwards get their info directly from the EPG.
Old 2017-04-19 , 16:23

More issues coming up tonight related to this problem. Due to a Modern Family production break, an additional episode of The Great Indoors has been scheduled in its place. This late change to the EPG has now caused a recording conflict where none exists.

The Big Bang Theory has a 20H06 starting time on the EPG as well as the iPlate but my scheduled recording is still showing a 20H00 starting time as the EPG originally had. This is now causing a conflict with the previous previous program on the same channel (The Great Indoors) which only finishes at 20H08.

See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170419_161555.jpg (825.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 2017-04-19 , 16:53

Hi Krugie,
Please note that due to My Kitchen Rules longer duration, The Great Indoors will now start at 19:38 and Big Bang Theory will start at 20:06.
Additional repeats for Big Bang Theory will be as follows: Sunday at 16:00 and Tuesday 10:00. The Great Indoors episode 16 will having an addition repeat on Sun at 16:30.
Hope this helps.