Old 2017-02-25 , 13:08
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacoHD View Post
...... I tested it other streaming services like Netflix works wonderful at the same time when Catchup Plus plays up ......
That's precisely the type of comparison I'm making too, Jaco.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC Iplayer; plus the "unmentionable" device in my study in Kent which is connected to a dedicated baby Humax PVR on Freesat, it's brilliant for live UK TV. We love Homes Under the Hammer, Countdown and particularly, Pointless!
All of the above services give me a terrific, spinner-free streaming experience, typically in HD.

And, before you ask; yes, I definitely have a current UK TV licence ( 145 quid! ). We spend almost half the year based there, each year now and are completely legit.

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2017-02-25 at 13:50. .
Old 2017-02-26 , 20:57
Changes remote batteries daily

Just to add to this one.. my SP is Afrihost. Although MC might be aware of this , they still won't really acknowledge that *they* might have a problem (as per post #6). We can run independent speedtests until doomsday comes. Maybe they should add a speedtest to the connectivity tab
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)

Last edited by Luke7777; 2017-02-26 at 20:59. .
Old 2017-02-27 , 10:29

I experienced this again on Saturday afternoon with a BBC Earth doccie in HD on my 100Mbps fibre line (M-Web). After the initial countdown waiting period only 13 seconds had buffered so eventually I had to pause to give it time to buffer a few minutes before continuing to watch.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-02-28 , 21:13
Knows how to use a remote

This is bad! Over two and half hours to download Episode 1 of Hunters which is 60Min.long
There is nothing wrong with my download speed and I can stream other sites.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 9756 kbps (1219.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 857 kbps (107.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 14 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
2017/02/28, 9:02:43 PM
Old 2017-03-01 , 12:00

We have had no response from MC regarding this apart from asking people to do speed tests? This is clearly a general hardware/setup problem on the side of MC and not linked to individual subscribers and their line performances.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-03-01 , 13:13
Knows how to use a remote

I cannot understand as a premium subscriber that locally we have such poor speeds. I have a fiber line, which streams and downloads content at the speed of light from oversea... but Catch Up Plus (many of my shows I watch fall under CU Plus) have to be so slow!
Old 2017-03-01 , 21:41
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hi All

Apologies for the delayed response. We've escalated the issues to the decoder support and CU team to look into and assist. Feedback will be posted once received.
Old 2017-03-02 , 12:40
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Pamela View Post
Hi All

Apologies for the delayed response. We've escalated the issues to the decoder support and CU team to look into and assist. Feedback will be posted once received.
Hi Pamela, we've been discussing this issue now for well over a year, on the Forum.

We've ascertained that it is not a function of the Explorae themselves, or of the Users' individual connectivity.

It appears to be a constraint in the complex internet routing to MC's media servers and/or constraints in the media servers themselves.

@GeoffD commented on the complexity of the routing in some detail.

We have had no feedback over this time form MC, despite previous "escalations", by MC Nic who was involved at the time.

Cheers, K.
Old 2017-03-02 , 13:15
Technical Myriad

Yes unfortunately, much effort on my part to help MC analyse the problem has gone wasted. I even reached point where I could tell which "hop" and which devices on each side of that link were responsible. I showed how download traffic trombones between JHB and CT up to 3 times under certain conditions before it gets to the server that should be streaming the content. All wasted effort.

My solution? Have completely stopped using their download services. I have no intention of raising my hopes that it actually works again and ending up at the same point reached 3 years ago.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-03-04 , 22:03
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi Pamela, we've been discussing this issue now for well over a year, on the Forum.

We've ascertained that it is not a function of the Explorae themselves, or of the Users' individual connectivity.

It appears to be a constraint in the complex internet routing to MC's media servers and/or constraints in the media servers themselves.

@GeoffD commented on the complexity of the routing in some detail.

We have had no feedback over this time form MC, despite previous "escalations", by MC Nic who was involved at the time.

Cheers, K.
Hi Sandtonman

Apologies for the delayed response.

Our VOD team implemented a change that was logged late last week with regards to our peering server infrastructure.

Kindly advise if there has been any noticeable improvements. Also PM us your smartcard numbers and contact numbers to forward to the team for further assistance.
Tags
catchup plus, download speed