Old 2016-10-25 , 21:31
Changes remote batteries daily

Default Mobile TV Newsflash

As per email received :

Mobile TV Newsflash

Wed like to update you on the mobile TV service.

When the service launched in 2010, the technology was fresh and new. Over the last few years, technologies and standards have evolved as broadband access continues to grow. This has resulted in the supply of our mobile TV devices becoming limited.

Well continue to offer the mobile TV service to our DStv customers; however the range of new devices available and devices that can be repaired will be limited.

Customers with a faulty Walka 7v2 device can have their device replaced with a new one if its within the warranty period of a year. If the Walka 7v2 is not within the warranty period, a new Walka 4.3 may be purchased at a replacement fee of R300.

All other Walka and Drifta range of devices, irrespective of the warranty period, will be replaced with a Walka 4.3 at a replacement fee of R300.

More information about our mobile TV service is available on DStv.com

We trust that youll continue to enjoy mobile TV as part of your daily DStv experience.
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2016-10-25 , 21:42
Still gets up to change channels

The question is where do you do the replacement and pay the R300. Local DSTV service centre or which retail store?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk
Old 2016-10-26 , 08:01
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hi fcoetsee, this can be done at your nearest Multichoice service centre or agency.
Old 2016-10-27 , 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
All other Walka and Drifta range of devices, irrespective of the warranty period, will be replaced with a Walka 4.3 at a replacement fee of R300.
Is this available immediately/right now? And has all service centers/agencies been advised?
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2016-10-27 , 15:26

Wait, is the service being discontinued?
Will someone like me, who always intended on getting a Walka or Drifta but for some reason did not get to it, be able to get it?
Old 2016-10-27 , 19:15
MultiChoice

This applies as of right now - but only if your device is faulty, not just a straight swap. Important to read that in context of the whole letter.
The service is not being discontinued - just the range of devices are limited. So you can get a Walka 4.3 device but no others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2016-10-27 , 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
This applies as of right now - but only if your device is faulty, not just a straight swap. Important to read that in context of the whole letter.
Ah OK - I think the post is not 100% clear.. it states "Customers with a faulty Walka 7v2 device.." but then in a separate paragraph "All other Walka and Drifta range of device..." which I think should read "All other FAULTY Walka and Drifta range of device..."

It certainly gave me the wrong impression.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2016-11-28 , 12:57
Still listens to the wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
The service is not being discontinued - just the range of devices are limited. So you can get a Walka 4.3 device but no others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The firmware on my Walka 7 and drifta is outdated and the website MC refers you to (www.dstvmobile.com) does not work. Nowhere on their website can you find any updates, not even on google.

In light of the above predicament, do I qualify to have my devices swapped for R300 as well?
Old 2016-11-28 , 14:09

From the posts above...

Quote:
Customers with a faulty Walka 7v2 device can have their device replaced with a new one if it’s within the warranty period of a year. If the Walka 7v2 is not within the warranty period, a new Walka 4.3 may be purchased at a replacement fee of R300.

It would seem so , yes
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2016-11-28 , 14:18

If the device is still working and only the firmware is out of date I'm not too sure the swap is possible but MC can confirm that. I suspect they will just do a firmware upgrade.

I don't think outdated firmware will qualify as being faulty. I also read the original press release as any older device can be swapped but was then advise above that it only applies to FAULTY devices.

Last edited by Krugie; 2016-11-28 at 14:22. .