Forum > Decoders > Installation > boxoffice not working
Old 2016-04-01 , 07:42
Knows how to use a remote

Default boxoffice not working

When doing a new installation . is there anyway to check if box office will work ?

had a few instances where going back two days later get error box office not available in your region .

signal and quality greater than 80%
Old 2016-04-01 , 08:28
Changes remote batteries hourly

Hi, there's no known way to pre-check but for understanding & solutions see Box Office not available in your region in the Box Office section (I'm sure I don't need to tell you to read all of the advice in it )

BTW, quality needs to be greater than 90%
Old 2016-04-01 , 09:49

I saw, the thread.
Think it's a bit dumb though.
And it must be a glitch in new decoders.
Seen decoders with signal quality of 70%
With working box-office
Old 2016-04-01 , 10:40

Nothing dumb about a few of us spending weeks working on the details of the varieties of the problem and coming up with safe-even-for-newbies answers.
We were told in another thread that the factory made a mistake with some Exploras.
Recommended signal levels are based on lots of forum experience and official input, anything below those levels is unreliable long term.

I'm done assisting here.
Old 2016-04-01 , 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Nothing dumb about a few of us spending weeks working on the details of the varieties of the problem and coming up with safe-even-for-newbies answers.
We were told in another thread that the factory made a mistake with some Exploras.
Recommended signal levels are based on lots of forum experience and official input, anything below those levels is unreliable long term.

I'm done assisting here.
sorry you got me wrong . Whats dumb is the not being able to check if box office is working , Imagine being a installer . doing a installation in some far out area and you have to go back a few days later simply because box office is not working .
And yes the signals will be great just a error on the decoders
Old 2016-04-01 , 19:08

what i have found that actually works is this

Sounds like a Hard Drive problem. I would suggest a format.You will however lose recordings and reminders.
Press and hold the standby key, the decoder will reboot. Then press the P+ immediately, until CODE is displayed

Then Press the below key combination. 0101 will be displayed on the FP when these keys are pressed.

P- P+ P- P+ for HDD format(0101)
then once again P+ (1) to confirm
you will see "hddf" in front panel display

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=24112
Old 2016-04-01 , 20:57

For those taking the above "shortcut" (just the same as doing it in the menu), please first see the thread I gave a link to as there are a number of things to check first, failing which could lead to an unneeded re-format or things like XtraView setup problems etc. that then require headaches / expense to sort out again.

@Wezhira,
Still not a dumb issue, odd errors happen in all industries of course and can't always be imagined and prepared for.
As you know your contributions are appreciated, I'm sure by all, but please take care not to sometimes rush your conclusions when you haven't been around and involved for a while like we have, potentially undoing things we've worked long & hard determining and helping with. There has been a lot of confusion and further problems caused for some by this Explora error due to quite a few complexities you've missed, some of which involved discussion with the Mods. My above concerns are just a few of them. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezhira View Post
And yes the signals will be great just a error on the decoders
So far, unlike with older decoders we have seen very few possibilities of that degree of error on the many Exploras worked on here and only a couple of those were actually suspected but never confirmed to have any confusing enough variation.
But if you have FSM readings that can confirm this then that would be very helpful.

I'm sure you may want to add more but I'll leave it there as I've now covered what I consider necessary.

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-04-01 at 22:32. . Reason: Enough detail
Old 2016-04-01 , 22:53

Sure Optimist