Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > English Premiership 2013-2014

Old 2014-04-28 , 11:26
4K, baby!

Gerrard must have been gutted with that error of his. Not so much the slip but the failing to control a simple pass to him. League title not yet settled and any one of Manchester City, my favourite, and Livepool, my hope, can still win it. Chelsea I think are out of it as for them to win the title both Liverpool and Manchester City will need to drop points while Chelsea win all their games.

Apart from the disappointment of the Liverpool loss I was also mildly upset that the ref didn't start producing some yellow cards at the beginning of the game for time wasting by the Chelsea players. Certainly it was a tactic that they were using and which worked 100% so tactically Chelsea got what they wanted. However, if they were using these tactics with say ten minutes left to play the ref would have produced yellow cards. So why not at the beginning of the game?

Oh well, irrespective of what happens from here Liverpool have already achieved their target for this year by finishing in the top four. Who here would have predicted that we'd not only finish in the top four but would in fact be challenging for the title come the end of the season?
Old 2014-04-28 , 21:26
Changes remote batteries daily

grab it away
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 34f621.jpg (74.7 KB, 9 views)

silent witness
Old 2014-04-29 , 07:14

Sorry BB - it seems like the pressure is getting to the Liverpool players Mourinho is a master at the depth of the league season and for cup games, that is why he is regarded as the best in the game these days. Yes, Liverpool and MC has the best chance to win the EPL however one cannot write of Chelsea, it is very easy to lose games at this time of the season

How about Giggsy's first game in charge of MU? 4 - 0 win against Norwich, he must be ecstatic. I heard over the weekend that Van Gaal will take over MU but some news is saying otherwise, probably I have to check out the MU website, if this information is true - I am sure that MU will make Giggs the assistant manager and he will be Gaal's successor if/when he leave or get fired

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...cup-ryan-giggs
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P

Last edited by Flynn; 2014-04-29 at 08:13. .
Old 2014-04-29 , 19:19
4K, baby!

Good start for giggs in a management position I'll admit. But let's not get too carried away as I'm fairly certain that even if moyes was still in charge united would have won.

As an outsider I'd suggest that united get Van Gaal in as the manager and have giggs as his assistant. Then when Van Gaal moves on giggs can take over from him. It's one thing being a manager for a couple of weeks but a big difference when one is given the job full time.
Old 2014-05-02 , 15:00
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Best league in the world by a mile!
Ain't that the truth. Two weeks left and absolutely NOTHING has been decided. Three sides still in with a realistic shout at winning the league, the final champions league spot is still between 2 teams (although, sadly, Arsenal are huge favourites to secure that this weekend), the Europa league spot(s) are not done and dusted yet with any of 3 clubs (4 if you count Arsenal) still possible to get it, and not 1 club has officially been relegated.

There isn't a single league anywhere of consequence that can say that!
Old 2014-05-02 , 17:07
4K, baby!

Look at the Scottish League where Glasgow Rangers are running away with the title. Last I saw they were so far ahead of second place that if you took their points and had them one point ahead of this second placed side, they'd still have enough points over to be third or fourth bottom of the log.
Old 2014-05-03 , 18:05

#Giggs out

silent witness
Old 2014-05-03 , 18:12
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
#Giggs out
How can you say that? After his previous game in charge when they beat lowly Norwich everyone was shouting his praises. Leave him, and his class of 92, or is it 99?, to run the show at united. They can continue the good work moyes started.
Old 2014-05-03 , 19:21

After this Moyes may have a case for unfair dismissal

silent witness
Old 2014-05-05 , 08:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
How can you say that? After his previous game in charge when they beat lowly Norwich everyone was shouting his praises. Leave him, and his class of 92, or is it 99?, to run the show at united. They can continue the good work moyes started.
Norwich drew 0-0 with Chelsea, this simply means that Chelsea is almost out of the EPL race

We all know Giggs is not management material at the moment, I am sure he will be appointed assistant to whichever coach that comes in for the new season. I would say that Giggs will be a good coach in years to come. Strange things has happened in sport - was the Sunderland game rigged, that win somehow might just keep Sunderland in the EPL for next season

Cardiff & Fulham is relegated after this past weekend results
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P