Old 2012-10-28 , 19:03
Still gets up to change channels

Default Latest Remote Hex Codes

I downloaded the Hex codes for the HDPVR remote off the site, however only 60 % of the button functions appear to be working? Are these the latest ones otherwise does anyone have the most up to date ones? Ps its for the UEC HDPVR.
Old 2012-10-28 , 20:07
Changes remote batteries daily

Default MNEC Codes

Hi

These work well TV1 and TV2 and update for TV2

I have used these on my Harmony ONE for UEC 4 Tuner and PACE 2 Tuner.

These require the decoders run the latest software which supports the new protocol (MNEC).

Cheers
Mark
Old 2012-10-29 , 18:02

Hi Mark

Thanks for the links, those are the files i downloaded. I wonder why i can only get 60 % of the remote functions to work and not all of them. I wonder if my UEC is not maybe fully compatible and hasnt recieved the update for the NEC compatability. How would i be able to confirm based on a firmware version ?
Old 2012-10-29 , 18:26

Are you able to view the single channels since the October changes? i.e 101 in HD?

If so then the remote commands should work? What remote are you using? Maybe there is a problem with the way they are being loaded?

Cheers
Mark
Old 2012-10-29 , 23:33

My normal remote works. This "remote" im trying to get to work is an android based app that allows you to design your interface and control any device via IR, IP or RS232 through a suitabale gateway . All my other IR commands and devices work except the HDPVR. Its as simple as copying and then dropping the command into the associated button. Thats why im questioning the HEX codes as the new NEC types should be more friendly and the fact that most of my buttons do work. Does anyone have access to the "old" hex codes i would be curious to see if they would work ?
Old 2012-10-30 , 10:20

Hi Rudi

The OLD ones are here as far as I know. I have not tried these and they are in a different format.

As I mentioned I know that the MNEC ones do work as I have used them on my Harmony One remote, admittedly added by Logitech, so I do not know if there were any tweaks needed?

Do you see the LED on the front panel of the decoder blink when you try the commands that do not work? This would indicate that the PVR is seeing the commands?

Cheers
Mark
Old 2012-10-30 , 13:11

The light only blinks for the buttons that work, they do however blink which says the codes are correct for some, but not all. Thanks for the other link. They are mistaken though in their belief that those are hex codes. Those are merely part of the technical spec. Unfortunately i dont have the ability with that information to create a codeset that is usuable. Hexcodes are just what it says they are, usually a philips pronto based format but universally accepted for suitable remotes.

Last edited by Rudi G; 2012-10-30 at 13:16. .
Old 2012-10-30 , 13:16

Maybe C4 can help?

The codes were supplied by the manufacturer of the remotes, so I am pretty sure they are correct and they work for me (Both TV1 and TV2).

Which ones do not work, and which do?

Maybe post an example of the code as you have used it for a working and a non working example?

Mark
Old 2012-10-30 , 21:57

There are too many to mention, im going to try it on another decoder and see if it works.
Old 2012-10-30 , 23:11

I managed to find the problem. The "new" hex codes on the DSTV website are wrong. Its scary that the manufacturer cant even get that right. I fixed the ones that were wrong for my application. I guess nobody has used them thus far. Im amazed at how well this remote works, it kills the old dstv remote in terms of consistant repeatable stability.