Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > Remote unresponsive; info bar don't disappear
Old 2012-09-25 , 14:28
Still listens to the wireless

Question Remote unresponsive; info bar don't disappear

Hello,

We have an HD PVR 2P with the Premium boquet. Ever since approximately 2 or 3 weeks ago our decoder has started to randomly freeze up after it's switched on (from standby mode) so that pressing any buttons on the remote control does nothing and the info bar (displaying program info) wouldn't disappear on its own like it normally does. Nothing in our setup has changed that I'm aware of which might have caused this. Pressing and holding the Reset button on the front of the decoder itself fixes the problem after a reboot, but that's quite annoying as you might imagine.

When this happens there is also a new symbol on the screen which I don't recognize; please see http://i.imgur.com/uCmr7.jpg - I'm referring to the pie-shaped time (I assume?) indicator just below the circle with "TV".

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 2012-09-25 , 14:35
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHerselman View Post
Hello,

We have an HD PVR 2P with the Premium boquet. Ever since approximately 2 or 3 weeks ago our decoder has started to randomly freeze up after it's switched on (from standby mode) so that pressing any buttons on the remote control does nothing and the info bar (displaying program info) wouldn't disappear on its own like it normally does. Nothing in our setup has changed that I'm aware of which might have caused this. Pressing and holding the Reset button on the front of the decoder itself fixes the problem after a reboot, but that's quite annoying as you might imagine.

When this happens there is also a new symbol on the screen which I don't recognize; please see http://i.imgur.com/uCmr7.jpg - I'm referring to the pie-shaped time (I assume?) indicator just below the circle with "TV".

Any help would be appreciated.
It is not a hardware fault on your decoder or an installation problem. the best is to reboot when needed and that is all. MC have not offered any explanation of what is causing this issue.

If it really gets to you, you can consider the following:

Reboot, FP Reset; Rescan all networks, then as a last resort the "flash reset" process, but, it comes back.

The best is to wait until after 1 October when all the messing around should be over, all the new channels activated, the move to IS 20 completed and the new EPG data downloaded.

Then if it persists, take some action such as a "flash Reset"
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2012-09-25 , 14:41

Thanks Geoff, and my apologies - it seems to be the same issue described here. I only noticed that thread after I had already posted. Feel free to delete this thread if you deem it necessary.
Old 2012-09-25 , 14:47
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHerselman View Post
Thanks Geoff, and my apologies - it seems to be the same issue described here. I only noticed that thread after I had already posted. Feel free to delete this thread if you deem it necessary.
Ja sorry I forgot to point you to that thread.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2012-09-25 , 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Ja sorry I forgot to point you to that thread.
No worries