Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > SHD1 to be go Rugby 24/7 during Rugby WC

Old 2011-08-11 , 08:52
Changes remote batteries daily

Default SHD1 to go Rugby 24/7 during Rugby WC

According to SS's action attractions listings, it looks like SSHD1 will be exclusively dedicated to Rugby during the WC period (6 str8 weeks in total). I could be wrong but so far I've seen abt 5 days with contents exclusively dedicated to Rugby. Maybe there is an announcement to be made soon?

What do you guys think? Would this be a good or bad move?

Last edited by Toto; 2011-08-11 at 09:55. .
Old 2011-08-11 , 09:02
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
According to SS's action attractions listings, it looks like SSHD1 will be exclusively dedicated to Rugby during the WC period (6 str8 weeks in total). I could be wrong but so far I've seen abt 5 days with contents exclusively dedicated to Rugby. Maybe there is an announcement to be made soon?

What do you guys think? Would this be a good or bad move?
Obviously a good move -- if the same could happen for that other stooopid ball game during that other WC why not for this one??

What are you trying to do, create conflict on the forum??
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2011-08-11 , 09:35
Knows how to use a remote

On that day, SHD1 will be removed from my favourites.
SS1 & 2 are already not on my list, along with BVN.

So it wont be a problem Toto
Old 2011-08-11 , 10:14

Well the national team is in the WC and SA is past winners of the WC - obviously we as South Africans should cherish the moment and seeing that DSTV will be showing all the games and dedicating 1 channel to the WC, lots of people will be happy including myself. SARU is trying very hard to bring non rugby supporters to the game by putting in adverts during programs about the rules of the game. I love soccer, athletics, etc but I love all kinds of sports in general - I will watch the Rugby WC because I want to be on the top of my game because when I speak to people, I dont act like a dof, lol
Old 2011-08-11 , 10:40

Just to clarify, purpose of the thread is not whether we like or don't like Rugby. My question was more towards the channel dedication. Personally, I am a big Sports fanatic and passionately watch almost anything from Soccer to Rugby, Tennis, F1 you name it and also participate in different threads. Let's focus on the channel dedication.

Tx

Last edited by Toto; 2011-08-11 at 10:46. .
Old 2011-08-11 , 20:21

Good move!! Really looking forward to the World Cup!!
Old 2011-08-12 , 08:45

As for me, I like the fact there will be a comprehensive HD coverage of the RWC however as a soccer fan as well, I will be feeling short-changed losing 3 matchday of the UEFA CL. SS promised 2 live games in HD this season and that brings about the question of why have a dedicated EPL channel in HD??? Because that channel would be very useful for cases like this.
Anyway, bring on the RWC, that should be fun as well!
Old 2011-08-12 , 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
I will be feeling short-changed losing 3 matchday of the UEFA CL. SS promised 2 live games in HD this season and that brings about the question of why have a dedicated EPL channel in HD??? Because that channel would be very useful for cases like this.
Perhaps they will use the EPL channel for UEFA while the world cup is on or is control of the EPL channel out of MC's hands? That dedicated channel is a soccer fans wet dream!! Surely it won't be running 24/7?
Old 2011-08-12 , 13:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsw3 View Post
Perhaps they will use the EPL channel for UEFA while the world cup is on or is control of the EPL channel out of MC's hands? That dedicated channel is a soccer fans wet dream!! Surely it won't be running 24/7?
What happens when 2 games are played at the same time?
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2011-08-12 , 13:06
4K, baby!

Dedicated HD Channel for the Rugby World Cup sounds fine at first but then one has to ask, as with the dedicated Football Channel, just how much DIFFERENT content is there going to be available for the 24/7 period of the Rugby World Cup.

I'm a very keen soccer supporter who, like a lot of others, follow a number of other sports and am wondering what channels these other sports will be broadcast on now that there won't be a High Definition Channel for them?

A channel strictly for ONE sport is great but to have to watch continuous repeats of the same soccer match rather defeats the object I feel.