Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Installation > Upgrade Xtraview installation from HDPVR + 1110 to HDPVR + HDPVR
Old 2011-07-25 , 12:38
Still listens to the wireless

Default Upgrade Xtraview installation from HDPVR + 1110 to HDPVR + HDPVR

Hi there

I want to upgrade my current setup which is an Xtraview HDPVR P2 + 1110 Decoder (in separate rooms) to a HDPVR P2 + HDPVR P2 setup. The HDPVR in my lounge is the primary decoder and there are no RF links between the two decoders.

Is it simply a matter of unplugging the 1110 Decoder and replacing it with the HDPVR P2 Decoder, or will I need to physically change something in my installation?

I realise that I will need to give DSTV a call to link the new decoder to the old one, but apart from this, it there anything that I will need to do?

Also, do I undertand correctly, there will be no additional monthly costs involved in this change?

Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 2011-07-25 , 12:50
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuiphilii View Post
Hi there

I want to upgrade my current setup which is an Xtraview HDPVR P2 + 1110 Decoder (in separate rooms) to a HDPVR P2 + HDPVR P2 setup. The HDPVR in my lounge is the primary decoder and there are no RF links between the two decoders.

Is it simply a matter of unplugging the 1110 Decoder and replacing it with the HDPVR P2 Decoder, or will I need to physically change something in my installation?

I realise that I will need to give DSTV a call to link the new decoder to the old one, but apart from this, it there anything that I will need to do?

Also, do I undertand correctly, there will be no additional monthly costs involved in this change?

Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
If there are no RF links between the two decoder, are you paying 2 separate subscriptions?

You will need to chnage your feeds from the antenna to the 2 decoders and IF you want to link the decoders uner one subscription, you will ahve to install a HB connection.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2011-07-25 , 13:02
Still listens to the wireless

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

There is a heartbeat cable beween the two decoders, so it is under one subscription. What I meant with "no RF between the decoders" is that the channel viewed on the one TV can not also be viewed on the other TV...if you understand what I am trying to say...

The only cables in my setup are the ones from the Dish, to each of the Decoders and the Heartbeat between the 2 decoders... I think.
Old 2011-07-25 , 13:13
Technical Myriad

Okay then this is waht you are going to need to do minimum:

(1) Leave the HB cable in place as is.
(2) Check on how many cables come from the antenna (LNB):

IF 2: then you either have a TWIN LNB or a SATCR LNB

TWIN LNB, then there must be a MS somwhere behind the HDPVR2P

If there is only one cable connecting to the HDPVR2P and the other going to the 1110, then you probably have a SATCR LNB with one legacy port.

Bad news is:

(1) you will need a new LNB as you will need more feeds for the second decoder.
(2) You will need to decide to go the TWIN LNB route and a 2x4 MS, or
(3) A SATCR LNG with 2 legacy ports
(4) Or a quad LNB with 4 ports , 2 for each decoder.

Read the sticky under the XV forum item dealing with installations first though. http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=3919

Once you have done, this, we can show you how to improve on ypur install so that you can view content from both decoders in both rooms.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15