Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Explora - "countries list" needs correction & update
Old 2017-05-17 , 07:39
Changes remote batteries hourly

Default Explora - "countries list" needs correction & update

Hi Mpho & co.,

On the Explora model 1, in the Home Network menu's Satellite selection line I just noticed a mistake on the list of countries the Explora then mentions uses IS20.
It includes Mozambique - they use the other satellites used mostly for more northern Africa, else they wouldn't be able to offer the additional Portuguese package I think is called "Beu".
And Lesotho is not listed.
Could also do with an update at this stage and say it's for "IS20 / IS36".
Old 2017-05-17 , 11:22

Hi Optimist,

SADC countries also receive off IS20. It’s just the service offering that’s different.
Old 2017-05-17 , 13:02
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mpho View Post
Hi Optimist,

SADC countries also receive off IS20. Itís just the service offering thatís different.
Hi Mpho, please have them check intensely. Mozambique has always been an exception re southern Africa, we've had detailed discussions with people from there on the forum. Further, the "Bue" Portuguese package channels are not available on IS20/36 and one of them confirmed that.
Plus there are ways to check on older decoders if any channels are not displayed.
They can receive IS20/36 signals, but it's not the norm for them to use them.

There's even a map I made in a thread years ago which was seen by many Forumites and Mods.
I really seldom post without checking and being certain. Thanks
Old 2017-05-19 , 15:05

Hi Optimist,

I had escalated this query and feedback is that it's a minor change in the decoder menu that will be looked it and resolved as soon as possible.
Some parts of Mozambique were covered by IS20 however, they are now covered under E36.

Thank you for highlighting this for us.

Regards,
MC Mpho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk