Old 2016-01-22 , 17:23
Still gets up to change channels

Default Connect ID

If I have two PVR decoders on one account, not linked by extraview and therefore paying the full amount for Premium + PVR on both decoders, is it possible to get a separate connect ID linked to each smartcard so that e.g. Supersport can be streamed from two separate logins?
Old 2016-01-22 , 18:13
Changes remote batteries hourly

I'm not sure how soon you can get an answer to this being the weekend.

I would think unlikely as the connect ID is account linked and details all smartcards on it.

The alternative would be to ask for one of the subscriptions to be moved to a second account.
But I don't know how multiple accounts for one individual may works these days, you may need the name etc. of someone else in your household to do that.
Old 2016-01-23 , 06:56
MultiChoice

You can connect up to 4 smart devices using one Connect ID. So you should be able to watch two streams on two separate devices. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2016-01-23 , 08:05

It's a good option for those with the right current smart devices and if screen size isn't a major concern.

There's FAQ info about it here: http://now.dstv.com/Home/Help

It would work concurrently;
You can register a maximum of four devices to your single DStv Premium PVR subscription. A maximum of two simultaneous viewing streams across your registered devices is permitted.
This means that you can either: be streaming two live TV channels OR stream two Catch Up videos OR stream one live TV channel and one Catch Up video.

But don't know if one can stream the same one live channel on the two different devices.

And I don't know if 2 x Desktop Players can also be registered, but presume if so they would then also work concurrently.
Old 2016-01-23 , 23:01
Still gets up to change channels

OK thanks, that's better news than I expected. So to confirm, would I be able to stream Supersport at the same time on two separate computers? Or would the 4 devices have to be different types of devices?

The other option is just move a decoder to another account... it would be a business account, what would be the easiest way to get this done?
Old 2016-01-24 , 08:35

This detail will take Mod assistance. If nothing further from MC Marietjie or others by tomorrow afternoon I suggest sending PM's to MCA CCS Natasha (handles accounts) and MC Nic (handles DStv Now - and there is a forum section for that as well).
Old 2016-01-25 , 18:22
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
OK thanks, that's better news than I expected. So to confirm, would I be able to stream Supersport at the same time on two separate computers? Or would the 4 devices have to be different types of devices?

The other option is just move a decoder to another account... it would be a business account, what would be the easiest way to get this done?
Yes, you could stream on two separate computers. You cannot access DStv Now with a business account - it is a function for Premium PVR residential customers only, with no rights for broadcast in office spaces or business environments.
Old 2017-02-24 , 09:35
Still listens to the wireless

Default ConnectID

Please help:
I have tried to use the self-service menu at selfservice.dstv.com, and when i log in i get the error "This smartcard is linked to another profile".

The tv gets the subscribed package from decoder ok.

It is very frustrating that i try and call customer service and they keep saying the same thing like send an email or asking if im sure i havent registered another email address.

Can someone help me out here????
Old 2017-02-24 , 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by edobulo View Post
Please help:
I have tried to use the self-service menu at selfservice.dstv.com, and when i log in i get the error "This smartcard is linked to another profile".

The tv gets the subscribed package from decoder ok.

It is very frustrating that i try and call customer service and they keep saying the same thing like send an email or asking if im sure i havent registered another email address.

Can someone help me out here????
Welcome :-)

Send a PM (private message) with a fault description, and your account and contact details to MC Solomon by clicking here
He'll get you sorted out.
Old 2017-02-24 , 12:44
Still listens to the wireless

Thanks.

I would contact him.