Forum > Value Added Services > BoxOffice > Suggestion Box: BoxOffice
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2015-05-20 , 13:06
MC Nic's Avatar
MC Nic MC Nic is offline
MultiChoice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Randburg
Posts: 4,253
Default Suggestion Box: BoxOffice

Hi guys,

Here's a place to put all your random suggestions for BoxOffice, the product, the content, the service or even this section in the forum and your wonderful, amazing, tender-hearted mod

(Note, some suggestions may be moved as they will have to be considered by different departments)

No judgment zone here...but trolls will be mercilessly slain.

Cheers

/me

Last edited by MC Nic; 2015-05-20 at 13:09. .
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2015-08-24 , 15:50
Optimist's Avatar
Optimist Optimist is offline
Changes remote batteries hourly
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: N/E JHB , Orig. Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,567
How about the BO blockbusters in 1080p via CU+

Practically, don't know if the Explora can do that so may require a newer decoder, and the bandwidth... well, my calculations say 1.2 GB per hour x4 for standard HD x4 for 1080p = close on 40 Gig for a 2 hour movie!

So maybe for the far future?? (But not too far please )


EDIT: The recent launch of 1080i HD via CU+ internet connections, and the bandwidth required for that, suggests that 1080p would actually be closer to 15 Gig for a 2 hour movie.

Last edited by Optimist; 2015-09-25 at 09:46. . Reason: Update - see EDIT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2015-08-31 , 14:03
MC Nic's Avatar
MC Nic MC Nic is offline
MultiChoice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Randburg
Posts: 4,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
How about the BO blockbusters in 1080p via CU+

Practically, don't know if the Explora can do that so may require a newer decoder, and the bandwidth... well, my calculations say 1.2 GB per hour x4 for standard HD x4 for 1080p = close on 40 Gig for a 2 hour movie!

So maybe for the far future?? (But not too far please )
There is a plan to offer a "high quality" option in Catch Up that would probably filter over to BoxOffice but when that is I can't say.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2015-09-25 , 09:30
snakes snakes is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 58
I know I said this under my Catchup plus post but since there is a BO Box I will say it here too.
I said in my previous post that DSTV now app should allow us to remote download BO content to the explora instead of downloading it to the device or PC.
It would be nice to see whats available on the BO while at work or road etc and then rent the movie so that when you come home it is ready on the Explora
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2015-09-25 , 09:34
snakes snakes is offline
Knows how to use a remote
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Nic View Post
There is a plan to offer a "high quality" option in Catch Up that would probably filter over to BoxOffice but when that is I can't say.
I am assuming that if this is available it would require a fast internet connection instead of downloading this over Satellite.

There are many FTTH (Fibre to the home) products that can handle superfast speeds
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2015-09-25 , 09:49
MC Nic's Avatar
MC Nic MC Nic is offline
MultiChoice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Randburg
Posts: 4,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakes View Post
I am assuming that if this is available it would require a fast internet connection instead of downloading this over Satellite.

There are many FTTH (Fibre to the home) products that can handle superfast speeds
Oh yes. The faster the better. The HQ files are quite large so you'll need >10Mbps and an uncapped account to make best use of this option.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2015-09-25 , 10:16
MC Nic's Avatar
MC Nic MC Nic is offline
MultiChoice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Randburg
Posts: 4,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakes View Post
I know I said this under my Catchup plus post but since there is a BO Box I will say it here too.
I said in my previous post that DSTV now app should allow us to remote download BO content to the explora instead of downloading it to the device or PC.
It would be nice to see whats available on the BO while at work or road etc and then rent the movie so that when you come home it is ready on the Explora
Stay tuned
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2016-07-29 , 03:16
brandonc brandonc is offline
Still gets up to change channels
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14
There needs to be a subtitle feature on PVR box office movies. It's very frustrating that such a ubiquitous feature is not available with you guys yet. Renting DVDs at the video store had this feature and yet here we are presently paying for sub-standard product.
Reply With Quote
Reply
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads  | You may not post replies  | You may not post attachments  | You may not edit your posts
BB code is On  | Smilies are On  | [IMG] code is On  | HTML code is Off
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Box: Catch Up MC Nic DStv Catch Up 66 2017-06-05 12:26
BoxOffice 101: Tips for making the most of DStv BoxOffice this weekend MC Brenda DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) 0 2011-07-29 17:06
New Remote suggestion Barendb Remote Controls 2 2010-06-18 18:37