View Poll Results: Do you miss the Forum King?
Yes! My heart feels incomplete when the Forum King is not on the forum 1 8.33%
Yes! I think he should make more effort to be here - I don't care if he's busy 5 41.67%
No! Who is the Forum King anyway? 8 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2018-01-01 , 10:28
Changes remote batteries hourly.
It's actually surprising how much water one can save if one really tries. The wife and myself admittedly share the bath water with one bathing after another but using the same bath water. Washing of clothes gets done twice a week. All bath and washing machine water gets used to flush toilets and water the few plants that I still worry about. We use a total of approximately 100 liters a day on average. Our total water consumption for a month has been around 3kl per month.

Another way of saving water is when running the water for washing of dishes catch the first bit into a container, this from the hot water tap, and use for boiling for tea at a later time. Wait for the hot water to come and only run this hot water into the basin and perhaps top up with a bit of the cold water?

For washing of hands have a basin with some water in it. Unless hands are very dirty then simply reuse the water in the basin.

Admittedly there's no filling of the swimming pool, for this I have a pipe leading from one of my downpipes to the pool. However this still requires some rain to fill the pool, and my grass is beginning to look like a scene from Lawrence of Arabia. Sand!!!!!

Getting so used to the current "system" that I think we'll continue with it once water restrictions are lifted.
Explora (Primary) and 2P HD Decoder (Secondary); Twin LNB; Samsung HT-J5550 Home Theatre System, Sony KLV-32S400A tv and Sony KLV-22Bx320 tv.

Last edited by beetle bailey; 2018-01-01 at 10:32. .