Forum > Decoders > Remotes > Slow motion not working?
Old 2015-01-12 , 15:08
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homealone View Post
..... I also frequently experience double (and occasionally

triple) reactions by the Explora to remote button presses .....
I still have this problem on a very regular basis with my Explora and A6 remote combo.

Example:

1) Press the blue 'DStv' button

2) Scroll right to 'Planner'

3) Scroll down to 'Season Manager'

4) Press 'OK'

5) The top title is now highlighted

6) Press 'OK'

7) A single response to 'OK' will result in 'Cancel Season' being highlighted (correct)

8) A double response to 'OK' will result in the previous screen's highlighted title to be
cancelled without any user input (wrong)

This is just one example of many and this anomaly is very annoying.
Old 2015-01-14 , 17:05
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmts View Post
Just got a second Explora to replace my SD-PVR and link to Xtraview and it does exactly the same thing as my primary Explora - press & hold play/pause and it just jumps between play & pause, NO slo-mo!
Please can MC check-up on this and come up with a solution.
Seeing as this was my original problem and why this thread got started, may I suggest that you take your Explora to your agent and get them to try and get it working. Once they fail, ask them to replace the decoder. Careful though, in my case the agent did not know what slow-motion/ trick mode was the first time I went there. My "trick" mode started working all of a sudden after the 3rd decoder swap-out. In this time I've kept my original remote control and have not altered anything as far as dual view setup is concerned. Personally I doubt that it will be software related as some decoders work and others don't. The remote has also been ruled out of the equation. Therefor by matter of elimination, the problem lies with the decoder.

Regards,
Johan.
Old 2015-03-23 , 18:26

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fathima View Post
hi
the product team is aware of this, and before we launch any fix, it has to be tested
i will send this through to them again
Hi Multichoice. I also still experience the slow-mo issue on the Explorer with latest software and A6 remote. It works 10% of the time and 90% not. Holding in pause it just continues to play after a couple of seconds and does not go into slow-mo mode.

When can we get an answer / fix?
Old 2015-03-26 , 13:15

I bought an Explora less than two weeks ago. Same problem with slo mo as all the other subscribers in this thread.MC now had months (nearly a year) to get a solution to the problem.Please get some experts to help you!
Old 2015-04-28 , 10:58

Angry Disappointed...

My friend bought a brand new Explora and his also have issues with Super Slow Mo. I just think it is totally unacceptable that Multichoice continues to sell Exploras and advertising the Super Slomo Feature and on the vast majority of units out there this does not seem to work!? And to get a second-hand, refurbished model and lose all one's recording are not on. What does the one year warranty cover? Will Multichoice swap for a brand new unit if Explora is still under a year old? Guess it will take forever to find a brand new unit in store at Multichoice that the Super Slomo actually works! Disappointed...
Old 2015-06-17 , 22:55
Still listens to the wireless

I phoned Multichoice about this same problem on Monday. The lady tried the slow Mo on her explora and it worked perfectly, she had no answer for me though. She advised me to take my remote back to Game where I had purchased my explora. I am having other issues with my remote so I am hoping a new remote will fix my problems. Just not looking forward to getting Game to replace my remote..
Old 2015-06-18 , 01:29
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzz4264 View Post
I phoned Multichoice about this same problem on Monday. The lady tried the slow Mo on her explora and it worked perfectly, she had no answer for me though. She advised me to take my remote back to Game where I had purchased my explora. I am having other issues with my remote so I am hoping a new remote will fix my problems. Just not looking forward to getting Game to replace my remote..
I can pretty much guarantee that there is nothing wrong with the remote.

Check out the Explora posts on the forum and you will find dozens of reports from users about the periodic problems with poor remote response.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2015-06-18 , 08:34
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzz4264 View Post
Based on your other thread you do appear to have a general remote fault, but a replacement it is unlikely to sort out this Slo Mo function problem - that's what Geoff D is referring to, it's a software problem.
Old 2015-06-18 , 19:17
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
..... it's a software problem.
Posts in the past re this problem have, by way of elimination, pointed to the Explora's 'receiver'

not interpreting the long-button-press signals sent to it correctly (putting it in non-tech-speak).

Does that then require an Explora firmware upgrade or a complete replacement?
Old 2015-06-18 , 21:31
Still listens to the wireless

Is every explora experiencing this slow Mo issue or is it just the unlucky few. When I called Multichoice the lady tried her explora and it worked perfectly.

I only purchased my explora about four months ago so if it is just a faulty few Multichoice needs to replace the faulty device.. (they better be able to save my recordings on the new device or they won't be able to shut me up)

If this is everyone they are falsely advertising their explora and this needs to be taken further.
Tags
explora, remote control