View Poll Results: Do you miss the Forum King?
Yes! My heart feels incomplete when the Forum King is not on the forum 1 8.33%
Yes! I think he should make more effort to be here - I don't care if he's busy 5 41.67%
No! Who is the Forum King anyway? 8 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
Old 2018-02-13 , 10:44
Changes remote batteries hourly

I put it down to a few things BB;

The "royalty" games ran out of steam.
They themselves lost interest, and had been very entertaining. As "social" as people like us can be, we don't really have their truly nutty humour.
The forum itself is far more serious a place than we want to think, most coming here just have their business to do in mind.
The economy, weather and other pressures have had a dampening affect on all of us.
And although we've tried, we're all from different corners of this country so sharing interests is not so easy...

Your mission:
Re-capture the royalty we were so quick to discard and don't let them escape again!
Old 2018-02-13 , 20:03
All Hail FrostyD, Forum king!!!!!

Old 2018-02-13 , 21:20
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Was talking to a former Lounge member and this person stated that the forum is no longer as vibrant and interesting as it used to be. Must say that I must agree with him.

Couple of years back we had lots of interesting banter, even if a lot of it was taking the "mickey" out of the Forum King and Queen. Even the various threads somehow seemed to have more going for them. Nowdays it's mostly quiet. Even the man u supporters on the EPL thread have gone quiet.

No offence meant to anyone who is posting on the Forum and there are still a few of you around but there seems to be far less of you than there were a year or two back. Then the lounge had people posting on a daily basis. Mostly bull I will admit but it was fun. Nowdays weeks go by without anyone posting anything. Sad.

Yes I have noticed that too. It's been a lot quieter on the forum.

Explora
Old 2018-02-13 , 21:34

Too late to capture the king then
At least he's been lurking.

(BTW, it's naturally ok to discuss the empty lounge here, but more about an empty forum itself is something that would need its own thread. MC's lounge rule is and always has been simple - no discussion of MC or such products & services allowed in here, consider it a separate reality.)
Old 2018-02-14 , 15:47
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Too late to capture the king then
At least he's been lurking.

(BTW, it's naturally ok to discuss the empty lounge here, but more about an empty forum itself is something that would need its own thread. MC's lounge rule is and always has been simple - no discussion of MC or such products & services allowed in here, consider it a separate reality.)
At least it was good to see the exiled Forum King poking his nose into the lounge for a minute or two. At least we know he is still around. What's happened to some of the others? Forum Queen we know is busy elsewhere. Every now and then I see something from her pop up on Facebook. Mainly about her cat. Merv and some of the others whose names I've already forgotten? Toto, and to lesser degree, Flynn only seem to show themselves when their sporting teams are doing well. Otherwise tjoop still from them. Tulani we know has withdrawn from just about all forum discussions because he's from a place far removed from South Africa.

COME BACK TO THE LOUNGE YOU AWOL'ers.
Old 2018-02-15 , 11:34
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

We're not all pensioners with nothing better to do...sadly that plays a role in how active some people can be.
Old 2018-02-15 , 13:28
Changes remote batteries daily

Well pensioner does not have nothing to do. We do the same tings other people do we just have more time to do it.
Old 2018-02-15 , 13:44

And lounge viewership figures suggest that there's lots of people who find the time to read... just not to post
Old 2018-02-15 , 14:28
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
And lounge viewership figures suggest that there's lots of people who find the time to read... just not to post
Must be all the hardworking people who sneak a look between their numerous tea breaks? However, perhaps some of those viewing what's being posted in the Lounge may want to consider posting something of their own? This is not an exclusive enclave and is open to anyone. The more insane you are the better. Although we have, on very rare occasions, also discussed some more serious matters. Just keep everything within the rules. No politics or running down of MC here and showing respect to other forumites. Although this last mentioned does sometimes get overlooked.