Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > No Catch Up on HD or SD decoders

Old 2011-07-25 , 22:13
Changes remote batteries daily

Default No Catch Up on HD or SD decoders

There have been no Catch Up title downloads since last Friday on either of my decoders. Is this because of The BOX OFFICEdownloads? I am not interested in the BOX OFFICE so I am really peeved that The Catch Up has now been put aside in favour of the BOX OFFICE downloads. When is this going to be rectified. Surely subscribers should have been given the option of having BOX OFFICE downloading onto their decoders or not!!
Old 2011-07-26 , 01:21
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
There have been no Catch Up title downloads since last Friday on either of my decoders. Is this because of The BOX OFFICEdownloads? I am not interested in the BOX OFFICE so I am really peeved that The Catch Up has now been put aside in favour of the BOX OFFICE downloads. When is this going to be rectified. Surely subscribers should have been given the option of having BOX OFFICE downloading onto their decoders or not!!
Spot on!

I think we should be able to decide globally if we want ANY DoD downloads on our decoders at all. this means an option to select catch up and/or BO. Especially on the 2 and 3 tuner decoders.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2011-07-26 , 07:09
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Spot on!
Nope Geoff. Box Office has been downloading to PVRs for months already, not just since last week
Old 2011-07-26 , 08:17
MultiChoice

Hi Elizabeth, I have both the SD and HD at home and despite quite high recording activity, have titles since last week.
Remember that both CatchUp and BoxOffice require a strong signal quality & strength, only record when you have no recordings in progress and are also impacted by things that impact normal viewing, such as bad weather and power outages.
Old 2011-07-26 , 08:20
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv G View Post
Nope Geoff. Box Office has been downloading to PVRs for months already, not just since last week
Well has it ? If it has on the SD PVRs then we have not been able to see it.

And as I have said before, my decoder is fully occupied making recordings so the 3rd tuner on the SD decoder is working for me.

Even this morning, I have only 1 entry in my list (other than the info entry).

My catch up list never has more than a handful of entries.

Why must I have a decoder busy doing things that I as a customer do not want to access, and will probablly never want access to?

Surely a simple set of choices will allow me as a user to select if I want this stuff at all.

Why must the lifetime of the HDD in the decoder be shortened by continual downloads of content I as a user never intend to use or access??

Can you tell us that this download of BO content for months is not contributing to the problems being experienced by those that want to access "catchup services"?

In other words are there guarantees that the catchup download schedule is synchronised with the BO download schedule? Just how many times have the failure of "catchup downloads" been because of BO downloads? In the meantime persons like LesleyH have been fobbed off with claims her install is the reason??

What evidence is there that on the SD decoder, that user recording settings are not being adversely affected by these downloads??

Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-07-26 at 09:19. .
Old 2011-07-26 , 08:41
MultiChoice

Geoff - the PVRs advertise that, you as a subscriber, will have access to a certain number of hours in terms of recording availability. This does not change and is not impacted by the VOD services. User recordings always take priority.
As much as we hear your points, over and above the operational issues which have been communicated on these forums, there are many customers who use CatchUp services with success and minimal issues.
Old 2011-07-26 , 08:55
Changes remote batteries daily

MC, if there have been downloads for Box-Office content for months, then why is my SD-PVR still not listing 15 titles?

I am with Geoff on this, having the ability to turn off non-required services will help with system performance.

After the box-office implementation on my HD-PVR2P the response to remotes has become slow and downright lazy. Trick mode has now become, may I say... tricky where it was perfect before. Stopping FF through content is now hit or miss, a flick back on the toggle does not seem to be consistent and can take you back any random number of seconds.

So all in all the changes HAVE impacted on operational efficiency of decoders which were performing correctly before.
90cm dish; ALL nailed by LIGHTNING 23 Nov ====>[[[[LMX502 ; Explora as Primary in lounge, HD-PVR2 in flat; XV heartbeat via RF outs; Samsung 60LED7000 via HDMI and Sony 42" 576p panel via composite; Flat has 32" Hi-Sense. Denon AVRX1100 configured for 5.1; Sony BluRay; WD media player; All using HDMI/optical/coax.]]]]]
Old 2011-07-26 , 09:04
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvdh View Post
MC, if there have been downloads for Box-Office content for months, then why is my SD-PVR still not listing 15 titles?
Hi Chris
Although we have been downloading for many months, your SD PVR only started "listening" to BoxOffice downloads when it got the latest software, hence it will take time to download and display all. The HD PVR works a little differently, it has been downloading BoxOffice titles, but just not displaying them.
Old 2011-07-26 , 09:16
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Can you tell us that this download of BO content for months is not contributing to the problems being experienced by those that want to access "catchup services"?

In other words are their guartantees that the catchup download schedule is synchronised with the BO download schedule? Just how many times have the failure of "catchup downloads" been because of BO downloads? In the meantime persons like LesleyH have been fobbed off with claims her install is the reason??
Well now that explains alot. All the download issues in the last couple of months has been because of BO, and MC never once took any responsibility. Rather it was: we were recording or are we installed incorrrectly or the weather!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvdh View Post
I am with Geoff on this, having the ability to turn off non-required services will help with system performance.
I agree, I can honestly say I will never use BO but would love DoD to work efficiently.
Old 2011-07-26 , 09:28
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
Well now that explains alot. All the download issues in the last couple of months has been because of BO, and MC never once took any responsibility. Rather it was: we were recording or are we installed incorrrectly or the weather!!

I agree, I can honestly say I will never use BO but would love DoD to work efficiently.

No it does not say that --- I am suggesting that MC need to come clean and state that the download schedules are synchronised and do not interfere with each other -------

If I stop personal recordings, the catchup list fills up within 24 hours.