Old 2009-07-21 , 16:41
Still gets up to change channels

Question Help needed: Going on holiday

Hi, need some assistance please. I started off with a DSD990 Decoder and recently upgraded to a HD-PVR. The DSD990 Decoder is still lying around at home with its own smart card but it is not being used. I'm going on holiday soon and the flat I'm going to stay in has a single view decoder (no idea what model) so I just need to bring a smart card with according to the letting agency. Now from what I understand I cannot use the HD-PVR smart card which only leaves me with the old (DSD990) smart card.

My question(s):
1. Can I re-activate the old smart card on my account and temporarily disable the HD-PVR smart card?
2. And if so, can this be done telephonically via the Multichoice customer care center after I arrive at my holiday destination or must I physically go to the customer care center and arrange it before going on holiday?
3. Will there be any additional costs involved?

Thanks.
Old 2009-07-22 , 11:03
Technical Myriad

Good Luck!
2 unmentionable FTA decoders
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2 x (2x6) MS, FSM permanently connected.
Old 2009-07-27 , 10:16
Changes remote batteries daily

You can have your old smartcard activated telephonically when you arrive at your holiday destination.
I don't see a problem with deactivating your HD for that period, but depending on the duration of your holiday, you may consider having both enabled. That way your HDPVR will still record your shows as a backup copy, should you miss a show while on holiday. You will then be charged pro rata for the other smartcard. TV should not rule holiday plans!!!

Remember to call the callcentre to make sure that the card was de-activated when you return from holiday. Arranging a date for the card to be disabled has never worked for me before. Every time when I phoned back to check if it was deactivated, it was still active.
Old 2009-07-27 , 14:48

Smile

Thank you for the reply . Actually that is not a bad suggestion, I will enable the card for the period we are on holiday & leave the HD-PVR alone. Much less hassle.
Old 2009-07-27 , 15:26
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Can I re-activate the old smart card on my account and temporarily disable the HD-PVR smart card?
Yes, you can - tell the reps to use the holiday home reason code
Quote:
And if so, can this be done telephonically via the Multichoice customer care center after I arrive at my holiday destination or must I physically go to the customer care center and arrange it before going on holiday?
Yep - please ensure that the smartcard is in the decoder when you call the call centre
Quote:
Will there be any additional costs involved?
If you leave the HDPVR on, then yes, you will pay for the additional number of days you view on the holiday home smartcard - if not, then no (The one charge offsets the disconnect of the other smartcard)
Old 2009-07-27 , 15:30

Talking

Thank you Natasha