Old 2012-01-19 , 16:45
Still listens to the wireless

Default XtraView with 2 x HD PVR Decoders

Hey guys,

Im trying to get a second HD Decoder working in an area that used to be a cottage that has now been joined onto the main house. Please could anyone let me know if the diagram will work with extra view? I will never want to watch anything other than what comes from the decoder in each room in that room, am i correct in assuming that the RF Cables that in the XtraView - Installation Manual - v2.0c make this possible? If so do i still need them to connect the 2 decoders for the extra view to work?

Your help will be greatly appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg option 01.jpg (115.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 2012-01-19 , 17:32
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Elcott View Post
Hey guys,

Im trying to get a second HD Decoder working in an area that used to be a cottage that has now been joined onto the main house. Please could anyone let me know if the diagram will work with extra view? I will never want to watch anything other than what comes from the decoder in each room in that room, am i correct in assuming that the RF Cables that in the XtraView - Installation Manual - v2.0c make this possible? If so do i still need them to connect the 2 decoders for the extra view to work?

Your help will be greatly appreciated
Hi and Welcome

Each decoder needs 2 LNB inputs at least (4 tuner would need 4).
You need to use a Multiswitch and cannot use a splitter from the dish as per your diagram.

Xtraview needs a RF heartbeat between the 2 decoders

G
Old 2012-01-19 , 18:17

Hi gwalker

Thanks for the reply, really do appreciate it, Would this new image be correct?

Im a little confused regarding the Heartbeat cable? Is it the same type of cabling that you use for the LNB? But just goes from HD PVR to HD PVR?

There is another Satellite dish left from the tenant in the cottage, Could i not Connect the second PVR to that dish with a Dual LNB and then not need the multiswitch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Option 02.jpg (130.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 2012-01-19 , 18:28
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Elcott View Post
Hi gwalker

Thanks for the reply, really do appreciate it, Would this new image be correct?

Im a little confused regarding the Heartbeat cable? Is it the same type of cabling that you use for the LNB? But just goes from HD PVR to HD PVR?

There is another Satellite dish left from the tenant in the cottage, Could i not Connect the second PVR to that dish with a Dual LNB and then not need the multiswitch?
The heartbeat connects the 2 decoders in a network. This is make sure the decoders are together and no one can jipo the system.

You can use the dish from the cottage with a dual LNB, as long as the requirements for each decoder is kept. I direct link to the LNB us always better than a multiswitch.

G
Old 2012-01-19 , 18:47

Ok awesome! Thanks a mil Gwalker!
Old 2012-01-23 , 15:57

Which diagram will work on 2 x HD PVR P2, but the SatCr sattelite connection?