Forum > DStv Content > DStv Channels > Request for shows on kids channels
Closed Thread  
Old 2010-09-15 , 18:34
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

It would be great if Pokemon would comeback...Digimon wasn't for me but I never really gave it a chance so I'd also like to watch it. I've been trying watch Pokemon all the way from the begining but decided it's too much bandwidth to catch up. And with this I cant watch the new Pokemon show Diamond & Pearl...and I also wont be able to watch the new coming out next month Pokemon Best Wishes
With the new Pokemon Best wishes they will be official over 660 Pokemon episodes

I do have a couple of GBA games on me, some which I have not finished yet so that will keep my Pokemon frenzy for now.

@MC Marietjie
Can you find out what was the reason K-All Day/K-TV channel was taken off for South Africa. Other country's still have it.
If it was taken off for bandwidth issue's can't the channel share with KooWee when it goes offline like whats done with Ignition & Summit i.e K-Tv operates from 6pm-11pm.
Sidenote: I see DStv Swaziland website they have all of South Africa's kids channel plus K-Tv, I thought we where on the same satellite

Usually watches: Disney, Disney XD, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BBC Entertainment

Last edited by tsume; 2010-09-15 at 18:38. .
Old 2010-09-15 , 21:29
Knows how to use a remote

I don't think any of the big boys (Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney Channel) will budge if asked to play Pokemon, Digimon, or DragonBall Z. CBeeBies and Koowee are aimed at a younger audience so their out. Kidsco haven't got the rights to any of the 3 shows and Animax wouldn't bother. I think the only other channel which would consider it is MNet/KTV.

If KTV had to play any of these shows, they'd probally only consider the newer seasons, namely Digimon: Xros Wars, Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl, and DragonBall Z Kai. DragonBall Z Kai is the entire DragonBall Z series remastered (truly brilliant stuff).

I think K-All-Day and GO's licences expired or something. I would really like to see K-All-Day back in SA and I would also like to know why it is still available in the rest of Africa, but not SA. Catching up with KTV on the weekends is very unpredictable and is sometimes shortened due to the rugby.
Old 2010-09-16 , 08:51
Changes remote batteries daily

Sigh! I actually miss Pokemon ... I remember the days when I used to buy all those packets of chips to collect the tazzo's ... good times. Dragonball Z ... always cool ... but I did not like Dragonball GT as much ...
Old 2010-09-16 , 09:33

It looks like Disney XD definitely has Pokemon on it.

Some other channels, that would be cool if they were ever to be added are:

NickToons - Sister channel to Nickelodeon that only plays animation;
Disney Cinemagic - Dedicated Disney movie channel;
Kix! - cartoon based channel (Biker Mice From Mars and more).

These are some of the channels they are viewing in the UK.

It would be awesome if some of these could be filtered down to SA
Old 2010-09-16 , 12:53

Acually Disney XD would be perfect because it has the rights to play both Pokemon and Digimon. Disney XD has the rights to all former Fox Kids, Toon Disney, and Jetix shows not to mention Disney Channel and Disney XD shows aswell.

Disney XD also plays a lot of kids anime series like Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Shaman King, Beyblade, and Yugi-Oh!(Depending on your region). Pokemon: Battle Dimensions, Pokemon: Galactic Battles, and Digimon: Data Squad is whats being shown (or what was shown) on most of the Disney XD channels. Disney XD UK for example is going to get Digimon seasons 1-5 screened again and Pokemon movies (I think Pokemon: 4ever and onwards) are also shown on Disney XD.

The Channel 304 spot is still open DStv, so it's perfect.
Old 2010-09-16 , 14:47
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Why not invest in a pvr and then you skip the ads
You work for DSTV? seems like theres commission to be earned. A dvd recorder with Hard drive's much better
Old 2010-09-19 , 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
Acually Disney XD would be perfect because it has the rights to play both Pokemon and Digimon. Disney XD has the rights to all former Fox Kids, Toon Disney, and Jetix shows not to mention Disney Channel and Disney XD shows aswell.

Disney XD also plays a lot of kids anime series like Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Shaman King, Beyblade, and Yugi-Oh!(Depending on your region). Pokemon: Battle Dimensions, Pokemon: Galactic Battles, and Digimon: Data Squad is whats being shown (or what was shown) on most of the Disney XD channels. Disney XD UK for example is going to get Digimon seasons 1-5 screened again and Pokemon movies (I think Pokemon: 4ever and onwards) are also shown on Disney XD.

The Channel 304 spot is still open DStv, so it's perfect.
Personally, I think the 126 spot would be a much better fit.. But 304 also works.

So What are our chances of getting pokemon and digemon and a few other great shows like them?
Old 2010-09-19 , 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
So What are our chances of getting pokemon and digemon and a few other great shows like them?
Well, if we had to get Disney XD, I'm not quite sure if we would get them, but I've checked most Disney XD programing and they all had either Pokemon or Digimon playing at one point. But since we did not have Jetix in the past, I'm not sure how the content on the channel would be chosen.
Old 2010-09-19 , 19:44

Why is MC so quiet all of the sudden?
Old 2010-09-20 , 00:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Why is MC so quiet all of the sudden?
It's weekend.