Forum > DStv Products > HD PVR > Updated Software PACE 4 Tuner
Closed Thread  
Old 2012-05-06 , 13:44
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Arrow Carelk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carelk View Post
If the software can correctly lookup the title of the recording, surely it should lookup the correct genre for that title or am I mising something?
I support your view. Principal Programming Conventions and Requirements.
More indications that software has been done haphazardly and open ended. No matter if it were old or new, upgrade or not.
Explora HDMI > 51 Samsung Plasma HD 3D
Explora Optical-1 and Coax-2 > Sherwood 5.1
XtraView SatCr Legacy LNB > 1110 decoder
HB Explora RF Out > RF In 1110 > HDR 32 Samsung LCD
Old 2012-05-06 , 13:48
Still listens to the wireless

Firstly, what seems better for me on this update is that the iplate seems to be working "properly" for once. And I've had the HD pvr since launch. I always had problems with the iplate showing old info, or displaying for a fraction of a second & then hiding the program info, leaving only the date/time bar.

What seems to be broken is a whole bunch of stuff that was never broken:
1: Latency on the remote is ridiculous. I used to experience rare latency of 1 to 5 seconds but this was once a week & annoying but forgettable. Now it's 5 seconds to 3 minutes & occurring daily. The decoder flashes immediately that it received the command but no action.

2: When changing channel from a reminder popup, the channel changes & then the iplate disappears as described above. Leaving only the date/time. Further, the decoder seems to think it's in music mode. The P+- buttons don't work & entering a channel number takes you to a music channel. Only option is to toggle music mode which takes you away from the channel you're watching to DSTV guide & also switches from favorite channels to all channels mode.
If while in this mode another reminder pops up & you switch channels using the reminder, it seems to fix itself (sometimes)

3: Sometimes, on reboot or coming out of standby, the volume has reset itself to 50%. This is whether the options are set to variable or fixed. I prefer setting decoder volume to max & using the remote relay to control volume on the tv directly.

4: When HDD > 90% full the decoder prompts to delete a watched recording. If I choose yes, it gets deleted but stays in the list like it hasn't. If I try to delete it again, it shows the info for the next program. So there's a difference between the display & program. I accidentally deleted a few shows before realising this.

5: Randomly lose video & audio. Sometimes after changing channels, sometimes while watching something. Only a reboot fixes this.

6: The "ALT" buffer seems to randomly get cleared so I can't switch between the last 2 shows.

7: When I am in Favorite channels mode, I expect to stay there until I switch to All Channels mode. The software is not being helpful by switching to All Channels for me when I change to music mode or Supersport Active & then return to normal viewing.
Old 2012-05-06 , 15:28
MultiChoice

we have logged this for investigation
Old 2012-05-07 , 08:31
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdeniro View Post
6: The "ALT" buffer seems to randomly get cleared so I can't switch between the last 2 shows.
I too noticed this for the first time this a.m. (Viewing Sky News, then going to Al Jazeera, then pressing ALT to return to Sky = not working)

It's not a function that I use very often so I can't provide feed back on how long it has been an issue
Old 2012-05-08 , 07:59
Knows how to use a remote

Default From buffer to black screen

Not sure if this has come up anywhere. When i run a buffer ( ch 122) and have an autotune to 170 I get a black screen. If i try and change channels it happens on the info bar but nothing on the decoder and have to reboot
If I catch it in time and go to live TV and then let it auto change channels I have no problem.
Old 2012-05-09 , 09:04

After I've finished watching a recording, I stop it then find the selection has jumped up one and a green arrow indicates that one is playing when it's not and only a reboot fixes it!
Old 2012-05-10 , 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvycat View Post
After I've finished watching a recording, I stop it then find the selection has jumped up one and a green arrow indicates that one is playing when it's not and only a reboot fixes it!
Yes you cannot press stop and then the red button to delete. You first have to make sure it is on the correct recording you want to delete. This is also a new bug. Was not like that before "upgrade".
Old 2012-05-10 , 18:47
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvycat View Post
Go to the recording that is "playing"
Push info
Push red button - this should delete it

I think that's how I did it, haven't seen that for a while though
Old 2012-05-27 , 08:57

But it's a recording I haven't watched yet! After I stop/delete the one I was viewing the one above it says 'playing' and I can't view it/stop it until I reboot...
Old 2012-06-23 , 08:34
Changes remote batteries daily

Was the white button bug (it doesn't toggle favourites in grid mode) ever acknowledged?
Closed Thread