Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > English Premier League Discussions

Old 2012-04-26 , 10:35
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Where did you get this from? I reckon Chelsea would still need to qualify as part of the top 4 to defend their "title"
Here is all the info & confirmation you require regarding the UEFA Cup for 2012/2013:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2...ampions_League
Old 2012-04-26 , 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Where did you get this from? I reckon Chelsea would still need to qualify as part of the top 4 to defend their "title"
Only four English teams allowed through. If Chelsea win the CL they will automatically qualify as CL winner, irrespective of their league position.

Thus, in the event of a Chelsea CL with only top-three league positions get CL spots for next year.

So to be safe, it's.......... COME ON BAYERN!!!!
Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2012-04-26 at 12:12. .
Old 2012-04-26 , 13:52

Default count down to Monday night

lest we forget.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lest.jpg (52.6 KB, 10 views)

give it all you got today
Old 2012-04-27 , 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Only four English teams allowed through. If Chelsea win the CL they will automatically qualify as CL winner, irrespective of their league position.

Thus, in the event of a Chelsea CL with only top-three league positions get CL spots for next year.

So to be safe, it's.......... COME ON BAYERN!!!!
Cheers, K.
100% With you on this call. Come on Bayern!!
Old 2012-04-28 , 21:39

Next season sees the return of an old foe: Southampton.

And Newcastle losing to Wigan? and Well done Liverpool winning at last.

Every so often, I like to stick my head out the window, look up, and smile for a satellite picture.
Old 2012-04-29 , 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by te_lanus View Post
Next season sees the return of an old foe: Southampton.

And Newcastle losing to Wigan? and Well done Liverpool winning at last.
Not only winning at last but scoring THREE goals in the process. And not ONE being scored for us by an opponent. Unfortunately it doesn't really matter much anymore insofar as this season's league positions go. Still better to be winning than losing.

Wigan have really done themselves proud over the past few weeks and if they had been playing like this from early on they could well have been challenging for top spot. Along with Everton.

Either the lower teams have started fighting for survival and are doing so pretty well or the top teams have lost a lot of their form but there have been a good few surprise results recently.

At least the interest is still there regarding the winning of the league, although this could be decided on Monday night should united win, and the relegation battle with Wolves, as far as I'm aware, the only side already relegated. Then there is the challenge for the final Champions League spot also up for grabs. So, even though Liverpool aren't involved in any of these, there is still enough to keep us/me interested.

Come on City.
Old 2012-04-30 , 07:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Come on City.
Not gonna happen

MU will come out tops against high spending MC
Old 2012-04-30 , 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Not only winning at last but scoring THREE goals in the process. And not ONE being scored for us by an opponent.
I didn't realise that scoring 3 goals and keeping a clean sheet @ Liverpool is nowadays a big event. Times have changed! Try at least to finish above Everton

Oh poor King Kenny

Last edited by Toto; 2012-04-30 at 13:52. .
Old 2012-05-01 , 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Not gonna happen

MU will come out tops against high spending MC
....????

Would you want to change your statement?

give it all you got today
Old 2012-05-01 , 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
....????

Would you want to change your statement?
Thought as much that you would be the first to react to MU loss, still waiting for BB to send his remarkable MU hate speech

MU was never in the game last night, MC played very well and in a derby, a 1-0 scoreline is normally what is expected. Both MU & MC had their own words on the touchline - cannot blame both managers seeing how crucial this result will mean to their team

Did MU lose the league? Thus far I would say YES based on that they had an 8 point advantage over MC and surrendered so easily.

Can MC win the EPL from here on end? I would say YES but I am hoping that they drop points. MC vs Newcastle this weekend, seeing that Newcastle is going for UEFA positions in the EPL, I hope they draw or beat MC. That will be a huge turnaround in the EPL

Still and will always be a MU supporter