Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Remote Controls > direct set code for philips bluray home theatre.

Old 2012-04-29 , 16:06
Still gets up to change channels

Red face direct set code for philips bluray home theatre.

Hi has anyone been able to find a correct direct set code for a Philips HTS3541/12 bluray home theatre system. I used the code for the philips amp and only standby works and used the code for the DVD player and only standby works. The remote seems to treat each facet of the home theatres as a seperate entity and not as an all in one product.I have the dstv.multichoice UEC universal all in one remote for the HD 2 PVR.pls help!
Old 2012-04-29 , 17:06
Changes remote batteries daily

Hi Shanelegend, take a look at this little thread, it's only two pages.

Hopefully it will help you. I have three systems using UEI A3 remotes (same as yours), which I control in the way suggested and I love the flexibility of the remote. One system is in the UK and has no MC equipment, yet it is still my smart-remote of choice.

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=5791

Cheers, K.
Old 2012-04-29 , 19:07

Hey K thanks for the reply. My system includes a sinotec HD TV connected via HDMI to HD 2 pvr connected via optical audio cable to Philips HTS3541/12 bluray home theatre system(connected via HDMI to TV). I set the macro to switch all 3 on and off.The home theatre once turned on again resets to home DVD and not optical audio in setting which it does when I switch it on and off manually.I used philips code 30081 to set remote on C but even though it turns the home theatre on it won't even control the volume which in turn would help me to set up volume relay. I guess that's why I was trying to find a more accurate code to suit this ht.Its almost like when using the macro to turn the 3 units on its making the home theatre reset itself...still not sure.
Old 2012-04-29 , 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelegend View Post
........Its almost like when using the macro to turn the 3 units on its making the home theatre reset itself...still not sure......
Hi again shanelegend, I now understand your issue; but unfortunately cannot offer further advice. It's unlikely that a very new device will be in the UEI-A3's database.

I would however point out that HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) is not properly supported by the HD PVR; you can search the Forum on Braviasynch and Simplink to see the discussions. Indeed with your PVR in the HDMI path, that's probably why the units are not powering up with the setting that you would expect. Cheers, K.
Old 2012-04-29 , 19:36

Hi K
Thanks...its funny that you mention the link functions cause I had to disable those as the philips won't pick up the Sinotec TV as a hdmi device and I think its due to the TV not having HDMI arc so that's why I went the optical audio route straight from decoder to philips ht. Being set as 3 different items on remote means 1 controls decoder, D controls TV and C controls home theatre. Except C only turns it on and off.is there maybe a more comprehensive online list of codes related to philips which I can type in manually when I direct set to see if anything changes.THX Shane
Old 2012-04-29 , 19:45

Yip Shane, the HDMI CEC only sort of works at the best of times. It's supposed to be a standard, but manufacturers have typically enhanced the protocol for their own products. Users typically have issues with HDMI CEC with mixed manufacturers, as you have.

As you can see from my signature, below, I have a complete Sony system with Braviasync and an LG TV+ Bluray system with Simplink; these pretty much work as I'd expect, but I don't run an HDMI cable serially via my HT Amp (it's too old in any case )

So I also use optical out on both my systems and I'm very happy with that solution.
Good luck with the Philips codes. Cheers, K

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2012-04-29 at 19:51. .
Old 2012-04-29 , 19:50
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Unless I am missing something, why not learn the codes into the remote, works like a charm for me with macros to switch all on and off, granted with branded hardware but it just IR codes at the end of the day.

See the sticky on the remote section about remote codes/formats which detail various remote standards

G
Old 2012-04-30 , 08:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Unless I am missing something, why not learn the codes into the remote, works like a charm for me with macros to switch all on and off, granted with branded hardware but it just IR codes at the end of the day......
Hi G, that's what I was suggesting in my first post.

1) Copy all the regular MC codes from TV1, to a spare region (A) for example, using the one-off codes I noted in the linked post.
2) Then overwrite those positions on the remote region (A) requiring the Philips codes, by teaching the MC remote directly from the Philips remote.
3) Generate any macros required
4) Job done.

Shane however convinced me that this won't work for him. I think there are HDMI CEC issues which are complicating matters as, what I suggested, works fine for me on all three of my systems. One of them in the UK includes a fairly complicated macro.

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2012-04-30 at 08:31. .
Old 2012-04-30 , 21:29
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi G, that's what I was suggesting in my first post.

1) Copy all the regular MC codes from TV1, to a spare region (A) for example, using the one-off codes I noted in the linked post.
2) Then overwrite those positions on the remote region (A) requiring the Philips codes, by teaching the MC remote directly from the Philips remote.
3) Generate any macros required
4) Job done.

Shane however convinced me that this won't work for him. I think there are HDMI CEC issues which are complicating matters as, what I suggested, works fine for me on all three of my systems. One of them in the UK includes a fairly complicated macro.

Cheers, K.
Is it not a matter of order and delays?
Old 2012-05-07 , 08:24

hey there, I want to thank you guys for all the help. I eventually got rid of the wife and toddler for a Sunday and buckled down to do things the long way.I turned off all easylink shinnanigans and then tried the learning method and sorted the macros and the volume relay....so no more turning dials on the remote and volume is constant from the home theatre as well as dvd functionality and tv input switching and standby options.No more 3 remotes for me.Touch wood remote does not get damaged, lost or stolen, Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations.Shane