Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > PVR Decided to Freeze on the Hour, Every Hour!?
Old 2012-04-29 , 18:10
Knows how to use a remote

Default PVR Decided to Freeze on the Hour, Every Hour!?

Is it just my decoder or is the Pace 4T freezing everytime the clock strikes any O'Clock? When channel surfing and the clock hits x:00 it freezes for a good century and the only way to come out of the freeze is to either press the standby button on the remote though this doesnt always work and a full reset will have to be conducted of course interuppting the current recordings in progress as it seems with this new software we're not allowed to have perfect recordings anymore.
Old 2012-04-29 , 19:16
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapiwa View Post
Is it just my decoder or is the Pace 4T freezing everytime the clock strikes any O'Clock? When channel surfing and the clock hits x:00 it freezes for a good century and the only way to come out of the freeze is to either press the standby button on the remote though this doesnt always work and a full reset will have to be conducted of course interuppting the current recordings in progress as it seems with this new software we're not allowed to have perfect recordings anymore.
This has been reported a few times and no official reply from MC

G
Old 2012-04-29 , 19:21
Knows how to use a remote

Ok thanks for the reply...hope it can be sorted out soon...but then again it is dealing with MC so I wont hold my breath.
Old 2012-04-29 , 20:23
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapiwa View Post
Best to just leave the decoder alone and wait for a couple of minutes as, in my experience, the decoder after a few minutes eventually wakes up and starts operating normally again. Suppose it depends on how long you willing to wait for it to come alive.
Old 2012-04-29 , 22:46
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Suppose it depends on how long you willing to wait for it to come alive.
Except if you want to watch something that starts at that very moment - like the beginning of the News etc...
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2012-04-30 , 08:15
Still listens to the wireless

Default duplicate

I believe it is the same problem as http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=15317. We noticed this weekend that the remote stops responding every half hour, regardless of what you do. Makes it very annoying if you were fast forwarding while watching a recorded program, since it just keeps on fast forwarding.
Power and volume buttons still work.
Old 2012-04-30 , 08:20
MultiChoice

@boanergesza1

You sent me a PM , however I Need your Smartcard details in order to assist
Old 2012-04-30 , 09:40
Still gets up to change channels

This is happening on my single view (1131) decoder as well. Very similar to the details noted above.