Forum > DStv Content > DStv Catch Up > Terra nova finale unplayable
Old 2012-04-16 , 13:41
Technical Myriad

Signal strength can in theory be as low as 60% and still allow decoder to "lock" onto the signal, BUT Signal quality must be as close to 100% as you can get. Any signal quality below 90% will prevent proper downloads from taking place. A varying signal quality value causes plenty of problems.

BO and CU content is only supposed to appear in the respective lists IF the content after download has passed various CRC checks. So I find it difficult to accept when poor playback of BO and CU is attributed to issues with signal level and quality on tuner 2 (2P) or tuner 4 (4T).

@ Mahen, so if you are having a problem with the playback of one particular show, then it could be a very obcure error.

I would not now suddenly start fiddling with your install unless this becomes a regular issue.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2012-04-16 at 15:16. .
Old 2012-04-16 , 15:12
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post

@ Mahen, so if you are having a problem with the playback of one particular show, then it could be a very obcure error.

I would not now suddenly start fiddling with your install unless this becomes a regular issue.
Yep, since I posted this issue, I've noticed that all remaining content has the same behaviour, all CU content is not playable after 2-5 minutes.

As I mentioned the quality is 100% on all 4 tuners (I created two simultaneous recordings to test quality on Tuner 2 and 3)

I'm going to keep an eye on it this week (have also set manual recordings since CU is unwatchable).

Will have to take the decoder in next week for testing if it doesn't come right.
Tags
dod, freeze, hd pvr 4p