Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > South Indian Bouquet Rip-Off
Old 2012-04-14 , 14:41
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Unhappy South Indian Bouquet Rip-Off

MC I have a North Indian Bouquet add-on but here's a problem. If I want to access Sun TV so I must pop-up R130-00 extra for one channel? I'm already receiving channels which are on the South Indian Bouquet. I think your pricing sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. Let's use a little of common sense here, why can't you charge R20-00 extra to receive the one and only remaining Indian channel? If I subscribe to the North Indian Bouquet I've scooped all the Indian channels. MC let's be fair here this is a rip-off.
*AV MultiBox for viewing TV1 on TV2 and TV2 on TV1
*Idling: 1 x 1131 (re-packaged) waiting for XV+
Old 2012-04-16 , 08:45
MultiChoice

@puggy - unfortunately we do not 'sell' channels on an individual basis. All channels are packaged in bouquets to offer our subscribers economies of scale. As an aside, we actually make zero (yes, zero) profit on the Indian bouquets as the channels on them are so expensive to acquire.
Old 2012-04-16 , 09:06
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
@puggy - unfortunately we do not 'sell' channels on an individual basis. All channels are packaged in bouquets to offer our subscribers economies of scale. As an aside, we actually make zero (yes, zero) profit on the Indian bouquets as the channels on them are so expensive to acquire.
Then you could have package the Indian Bouquets into one bouquet instead of North and South that could have made more business sense and charge the R300 that you want maybe I could have closed my eyes and paid. Right now I'm forced to fork out more rands targeting only one I mean a single channel.
*AV MultiBox for viewing TV1 on TV2 and TV2 on TV1
*Idling: 1 x 1131 (re-packaged) waiting for XV+
Old 2012-04-16 , 09:37
Knows how to use a remote

This is one of the reasons I cancelled my south indian bouquet subscription a while ago, as soon as KTV got canned from the bouquet, i cancelled it, its ridiculous to pay that much for one channel.

I agree with you puggy that they should rather add it all into one indian bouquet, would make more sense.
Old 2012-04-16 , 11:28
Still gets up to change channels

Default South indian

Hi I am actually tired, I have posted on numerous occasions on how unfairly the tamil speaking people are treated and all MC can do is come up with excuses. They SAY its very expensive and yet they constantly increases the monthly premiums. Are we not worth it . ITS A 2 WAY STREET IF WE PAY UP YOU MUST ALSO COME TO THE PARTY. ITS UNFAIR. IF you check you will find other posts about this topic and you will also see their sad excuses. DO something STOP Hurting us by giving preference to the north indian speaking people
Old 2012-04-16 , 12:12
Technical Myriad

@ MC Marietjie

A few weeks ago I highlighted some strange anomalies on the dstv.com pages when it comes to the Indian and Portuguese packages, which I know you took up with MNET.

However, this morning I had a look again and I still see some very strange results when accessing the GetDSTV pages , any of the packages and then the compare package screens.

The Indian and Portuguese channels are now missing, so are all the radio channels in the comparison table.

The pricing per package is different depending on which way you access the pricing pages ------

I have to agree with our Indian subcribers on the forum, --- the pricing structure is a complete mystery and makes no sense at all.

The basic premium package has a price, then you add a handful of channels to the premium package. So it should be easy to see what the price should be. Then you have stand alone packages with prices that just do not make sense.

Last edited by Geoff D; 2012-04-17 at 08:30. .
Old 2012-04-17 , 08:22
Still gets up to change channels

Default South indian channels

DSTV DOES NOT CARE
Hi I am actually tired, I have posted on numerous occasions on how unfairly the tamil speaking people are treated and all MC can do is come up with excuses. They SAY its very expensive and yet they constantly increases the monthly premiums. Are we not worth it . ITS A 2 WAY STREET IF WE PAY UP YOU MUST ALSO COME TO THE PARTY. ITS UNFAIR. IF you check you will find other posts about this topic and you will also see their sad excuses. DO something STOP Hurting us by giving preference to the north indian speaking people